Quick Start - CSS and JS order (newbie)

jQuery UI Widgets
mparks

23 Jun 2015, 20:37

The quick start has the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="%PATH%/theme.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="%PATH%/jquery-ui.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="resources/css/fa/font-awesome.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="%PATH%/prime-ui-min.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="%PATH%/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="%PATH%/jquery-ui.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="%PATH%/prime-ui.js"></script>

My issue is that the THEME is not being applied only the jQueryUI I can reorder CSS files to have PrimeUI Theme CSS after the jquire-ui.css and it look different but then I have other issue with the ui-icon(s) and such.

SO my question is checking the Quick Start, is that the TRUE order as it should be? IF so, then I will see if I have permissions issue on web objects, but need to check this first. Another Team needs to be engaged to check permissions, you know.

cagatay.civici
Prime

24 Jun 2015, 09:26

The order is correct, maybe there is something wrong with the path of your theme?

mparks

24 Jun 2015, 13:56

I have triple checked and all paths are valid and I can see content.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/PrimeUI/themes/smoothness/theme.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery-ui.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/assets/css/font-awesome.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/PrimeUI/primeui-2.0-min.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/PrimeUI/primeui-2.0-min.js"></script>

Our code is not all in the same path as implied in the quick start it should be, but I am hoping this does not matter as it should work, standard stuff with that, or is it?

After revisiting this, I am wondering if the version on jQuery or jQuery UI that we are using may be the issue?

Also, I have a checkbox item that is not working visually like it should the check is out of the box when object is checked. Image here will aid in my explanation. When checked the check is to the right of the box. You can click the check and it goes away but I am thinking this is related to the theme not coming if correctly.

Any suggestions?

cagatay.civici
Prime

24 Jun 2015, 14:26

Is it possible to access your code, maybe you can put this page online?

mparks

24 Jun 2015, 17:56

Sure, I can do that since you are willing to help out why wouldn't I.

here is the link to code that is looking and behaving like we want to correct.

https://demo-play.empower-xl.com/primeui/demo.cfm

Issue with Theme or jQueryUI or something with conflicts. Maybe even our own CSS getting in the way, not sure, any help/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

cagatay.civici
Prime

02 Jul 2015, 10:25

Please try using the the following jquery-ui.css;

http://www.primefaces.org/primeui/resou ... ery-ui.css

Could be the version difference.

mparks

06 Jul 2015, 14:03

Seems that is the issue the version of jQuery-UI that we are using and PrimeUI. Might be a good idea to post the version of the jQuery UI and jQuery Versions in the Quick start. Just saying may help others that are just using the PrimeUI that don't have the background in PrimeFaces.

Thanks for your help.

mparks

06 Jul 2015, 14:22

Posted too soon:

Still having troubles with assigning the images to buttons. Any suggestions that might lead me to my problem. I am sure it is a dumb reference or something that I am missing....

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Aug 2015, 14:17

Please post your code to review on this case.

mparks

04 Aug 2015, 16:13

No issues when using the FA images as in example. Sorry I did not close thread sooner, forgot. FA images working great.

Return to “PrimeUI”

• Information