Using jQuery in noConflict mode

UI Components for JSF
milhi

28 May 2015, 12:56

Hello guys,

have you ever considered including the jQuery library in noConflict mode? Either by default or providing the option to do so.

I can imagine such a change would place quite high requirements on re-testing every component, but it would be a usefull option especially for more complex integrations. One such example can be integration into Liferay portal, where we have ran into some issues because of this.

For example when integrating two Primefaces based JSF portlets into one page which have different jQuery versions one has to come up with workarounds at least in one of those portlets to avoid jQuery conflicts. Same goes for any other component that uses jQuery and doesn't include it in noConflict mode... some of these components are 3rd party and the "integrator" usually doesn't have any control over them.

Best regards,
JanM

kukeltje
Expert Member

28 May 2015, 21:09

I thought about this to from time to time, I'm just not sure if it would create problems with e.g. adding existing plugins to components that primefaces not created themselves, like jqplot, shedule (jquery-fullcalendar) etc...

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information