Primefaces-UI-0.8.3 Support JSF 2.0

UI Components for JSF
ctobal

07 May 2009, 16:38

Hi,

Im doing some tests with primefaces-ui-0.8.3 and JSF 2.0 Mojarra 2.0.0 (PR2 b09)( as you know tha app is working with native facelets ), so I can complie and deploy the app without problems but at access the app the explorer is trying to dowload the index.jsf insted to display the page. :o

Some curious is happen if I dont include the primefaces-ui-0.8.3 lib in the WAR and also comments the Resource servlet (org.primefaces.ui.resource.ResourceServlet reference) reference in the web.xml, the app display the index.jsf. :shock:

The index.jsf does not have any reference to prime tags in either cases

Additional comment: I also include slf4j-api and slf4j-imp 1.5.6 boths, and commons-logging 1.1.1.

Somebody knows if primefaces support JSF 2.0 ? :?:

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

Regards

Chris

cagatay.civici
Prime

07 May 2009, 16:45

Hi Chris,

Actually PrimeFaces is not tested with JSF 2.0 yet, we're just waiting spec to be finalized and a stable mojarra or myfaces impl to test with.

PrimeFaces facelets support would be incompatible I guess since Facelets in JSF 2.0 has different packages so that might be a problem. We're planning to create another branch targeting JSF 2.0 by the way. So for components like tree or autocomplete that use facelets api there's a potential problem but for regular components that has nothing to do with facelets api, it should work.

Dowloading index.jsf is strange, I'll test PrimeFaces with JSF 2.0 to see what's going on and share my results here.

ctobal

07 May 2009, 16:58

Thanks a lot for your fast response, Im glad to know that you're planning to create another branch targeting JSF 2.0. :D

Regards
Chris

cagatay.civici
Prime

07 May 2009, 17:07

Sure, PrimeFaces is designed with JSF 2.0 mind so that migration should be simple hopefully :)

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information