p:captcha not carrying request parameters in error refresh

UI Components for JSF
trivial2k

13 May 2011, 00:58

I'm using PrimeFaces 3.0M1.
I use p:captcha in my page.

My page needs to get the request parameters.
When error comes out during captcha validation, I see the current page refreshes and error message show up. This is good and correct.
However, the request parameters are missing when the page being refreshed due to validation error. This is wrong.

Whenever p:captcha refreshes the current page, the original URL should not be changed.

Is this a PrimeFaces bug? How can I get around it?

trivial2k

13 May 2011, 23:40

After several times of testing, I found that this may not be a PrimeFaces problem.

When p:captcha validates the user input and it fails, the page is refreshed without carrying original request parameters. This scenario is like triggering a actionListener method. ActionListener will refresh the current page without carrying the request parameters.

If p:captcha uses actionListener to do captcha validation, it's for sure the refreshing(when error) will not carry any request parameters. I didn't look into PrimeFaces codes. Just a guess.

Although this may not be a PrimeFaces bug, it's good to enhance p:captcha. When the validation fails, the URL should not be changed. That will definitely be developer friendly.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information