question about p:schedule events

UI Components for JSF
rhume

03 Jun 2011, 21:42

Hi,

Is there way to add a mouse over tool tip to a p:schedule event?

I bought the primefaces user guide but I can't find anything there.

Rob

rhume

03 Jun 2011, 22:16

Follow up question. Other than setting the title (in my object that extends DefaultScheduleEvent) is there anyway to customize the content of an event in the p:schedule's calendar?

I notice in the p:schedule demo, the events just say the title, but my events have the start time as well. For example, the demo just says "Event Title", but mine say "<b>2:30p</b> Event Title". What is causing the start time to display or not display here?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rob

AndrewS

25 Jul 2011, 20:13

The demo isn't a great example, unfortunately. The code looks like it should be creating appointments with a set start/end time, but they end up creating all-day appointments, which is why there's no time stamped onto the Title.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to customize much of anything in the Schedule component. Coming from the .NET world recently into Java, it kinda shocked me how set in stone a lot of things are :(

I was hoping for the ability to create columns in the day view to view the appointments of multiple employees, for example.

cagatay.civici
Prime

25 Jul 2011, 20:46

Let's not forget you have to pay for crap in .net, in java crap is free.

Schedule needs an update from us which we'll do before 3.0 final, if at current stage it does not satisfy your needs go one lower level and use the full calendar plugin directly to create your own component;

http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

AndrewS

25 Jul 2011, 21:02

Sorry if I came off disrespectful in any way. I didn't mean it that way.

I just meant that I dove headfirst into this project with the assumption that I'd be able to mold the Schedule to my needs based on my longer experience in the DotNet world. I chalk it up to inexperience in developing in Java and/or open source, not as something the PF crew did wrong.

cagatay.civici
Prime

25 Jul 2011, 21:50

No worries, I agree that we need to work on schedule more to make it more customizable. Soon.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information