Strange rendering of PF tabs

UI Components for JSF
bitec

19 Jun 2011, 14:46

Hi.

It seems, that PF tabs are displayed using Javascript on load of the page. So during the rendering of the page the first picture we see is this one:

and only in some time (300-400 ms) we see the two real beautiful tabs:

This is a common behavior for Firefox, Opera and Chrome. Ie 8 renders tabs ok and IE7 - not. I really cannot discover, how to prevent this rendering. The pause between "tabs as ul" and "tabs as tabs" depends on the size of the page - the larger is the page, the longer users see tabs as the non-numerated list.

Thanks!
JSF: Mojarra 2.1 | PrimeFaces 2.2.1 | Glassfish 3.1

bitec

20 Jun 2011, 17:30

I understand, that PF team is busy with dev tasks, but would like anyone to have a quick look at this issue.

Some more information.

Unfortunatelly some mysql error occurs when I try to post html code here, in words, on initial load the html contains raw div, ul and li elements. But in 200-400 milliseconds css styles are applied to them by some javascript:

Code: Select all

<div class="administration-tabs ui-tabs ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all">
<ul class="ui-tabs-nav ui-helper-reset ui-helper-clearfix ui-widget-header ui-corner-all"><li class="ui-state-default ui-corner-top ui-tabs-selected ui-state-active">

So this results in screenshots, which I provided above - the styles are applied by some javascript. Can this be avoided somehow?

Thanks
JSF: Mojarra 2.1 | PrimeFaces 2.2.1 | Glassfish 3.1

leventgny

20 Jun 2011, 22:31

PF components uses Jquery plugins. Like tabs, charts etc. Therefore styling and manipulation of ui is related with js stuff, current page composition and directly clients browser performance. In fact, it is a common way to deal with RIA.
PrimeFaces Team Member

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information