Theoretical Question About Push

UI Components for JSF
Namphibian

20 Jun 2011, 11:54

Hi All

I have a project where we would like to use AJAX push. I need some input from the experts here if this will be possible. Let me explain what I am trying to achieve. I am currently monitoring a whole lot(120+) sql servers across the world. I have used things like Xymon and Nagios to monitor the servers but I am more interested in SQL DBA type statistics being pulled and displayed on a real time basis. So I want to create my own small DBA type dash board of all my monitored servers. Hope this is clear enough description.

So I created a database with the jdbc connection url's of each database I need to monitor. I have a scheduled EJB kicking off on a 5 minute schedule to test connections. Basically this EJB looks at my list of servers and tries to connect to each one. I want to know is it possible for a EJB to update a JSF Managed bean so that the AJAX push can happen. For example the EJB loops through 5 connections and finds that 1 is not responding I would like to update the dashboard to show that this connection is not responding.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I know I can use Ajax Poll which is probably simpler wanted to check what is technically possible.

Kind Regards
Namphibian

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information