persist a ptree in DB

UI Components for JSF
Mathias Behne

02 Jul 2011, 06:16

I have been experimenting with Primefaces for some weeks now. The results are quite promising. Integration into JSF is straight forward.
What I have not achieved so far is to make elements like the ptree and the ptreetable persistable and accessible (CRUD) in deverse ways.

Part of our concept is to use a consistent RMDBS that allows maintenance of data from different perspectives. Table (pdatatable) maintenance in the
straight-forward case for which Primefaces are not really required and the price for integrating foreign libraries into otherwise clean Java
technolgy would be too high. Hence, we are still trying to uncover the extra benefit Primefaces could deliver. So, here is the question:

How to persist changes to ptrees, ptreetables through dialogue maintenance (maintain in table and see result in (adjacent) tree) or through drag&drop actions (updating the data table). There should be no "extra" tables in the DB, since database concept should be based on user requirements and not on technical requirements of visual elements of Primefaces.

A thanks to the experts,

Mathias

Okay, I understand the comment, but I fail to see how to match a root element and a node element level 1 and subsequent levels in a p:tree to a number of entity classes. A short example of how to match an entity class in the TreeBean Class would help.
Last edited by Mathias Behne on 03 Jan 2012, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

kukeltje
Expert Member

02 Jul 2011, 18:57

I miss what your issue is. The backing beans are the 'interface' between the component and the database. So no need to change the database to match the component

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information