Board index JavaServer Faces General Bug in LazyDataModel?

Bug in LazyDataModel?

Components, Ajax Framework, Utilities and More.

Post 05 Jul 2011, 06:32

Posts: 10
In primefaces-3.0.M2 method load of LazyDataModel is never invoked.
An exception thrown AbstractMethodError.
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.primefaces.model.LazyDataModel.load(IILjava/lang/String;ZLjava/util/Map;)Ljava/util/List;
   at org.primefaces.component.datatable.DataTable.loadLazyData(DataTable.java:686)
   at org.primefaces.component.datatable.DataTableRenderer.encodeTbody(DataTableRenderer.java:461)
   at org.primefaces.component.datatable.DataTableRenderer.encodeRegularTable(DataTableRenderer.java:201)
   at org.primefaces.component.datatable.DataTableRenderer.encodeMarkup(DataTableRenderer.java:180)
   at org.primefaces.component.datatable.DataTableRenderer.encodeEnd(DataTableRenderer.java:85)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:875)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1763)
   at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:168)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:845)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1756)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1759)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1759)
   at com.sun.faces.application.view.FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.renderView(FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.java:401)
   at com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.renderView(MultiViewHandler.java:131)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:121)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:594)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1534)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:343)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
   at org.primefaces.webapp.filter.FileUploadFilter.doFilter(FileUploadFilter.java:79)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:279)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:655)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:595)
   at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:98)
   at com.sun.enterprise.web.PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.invoke(PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.java:91)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:162)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:326)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:227)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:170)
   at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(ProcessorTask.java:822)
   at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.doProcess(ProcessorTask.java:719)
   at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.process(ProcessorTask.java:1013)
   at com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:225)
   at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
   at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
   at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
   at com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:79)
   at com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
   at com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:59)
   at com.sun.grizzly.ContextTask.run(ContextTask.java:71)
   at com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:532)
   at com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Does anyone have the same problem?

Post 30 Jul 2011, 11:39

Posts: 18
I have the exact same problem. This exception was not thrown before, when I used PrimeFaces 3.0.M1!

EDIT: sorry, I think I sent this too soon without investigating the issue first. The load() method has changed signature. My IDE was showing me the error, but I ignored it and re-deployed anyways, that's why the error was showing (my bug, not PrimeFaces bug)

How the method was overridden before, in M1:

public List<T> load(int first, int pageSize, String sortField, boolean sortOrder, Map<String, String> filters)


How it should be now, in M2:

public List<T> load(int first, int pageSize, String sortField, SortOrder sortOrder, Map<String, String> filters) {


Once I fixed it, it worked as before.

Sorry again! :)

- VĂ­tor Souza

Post 29 Feb 2012, 15:32

Posts: 1
make sure you have one primefaces jar or any other components you are using should have one version jar.


Return to General