f:selectOneMenu with p:ajax inside p:dataTable

UI Components for JSF
giscardf

13 Jul 2011, 04:36

Hi all,

I am facing an odd behavior when using prime faces, basically I have a p:dataTable where one of the p:column has a f:selectOneMenu inside it.
The basic idea is allow the end user to perform actions using the options available in the f:selectOneMenu, as soon as the user select one event I can perform an action.

below is my faces code:

Code: Select all

<f:selectOneMenu valueChangeListener="#{myMB.applyFilter}">
    <p:ajax/>
</f:selectOneMenu>
<p:dataTable>
    <p:column>
        <f:selectOneMenu valueChangeListener="#{myMB.performAction}" onclick="dlg.show()">
            <p:ajax/>
        </f:selectOneMenu>
    </p:column>
</p:dataTable>
and my MB code:

Code: Select all

public class MyMB{
    //...
    public void performAction(ValueChangeEvent e){
        String action = (String)e.getAction().getNewValue();
        System.out.println(action);
    }
    //...
    public void applyFilter(ValueChangeEvent e){
        String filter = (String)e.getAction().getNewValue();
        System.out.println(filter);
    }
    //...
}
Below are the problem I am facing:
1) Using firefox 3.5.16
- When applying a filter, everything goes fine, I can click in the menu and select a filter and the MB applyFilter method is invoked
- When performing an action, everythng goes fine, except by I have to click and hold the mouse button pressed when selecting an action
? Why the behavior is different for the same component? Since the only difference is the second being used inside the p:dataTable

2) Using IE 8.0.7600
- When applying a filter, everything goes fine, I can click in the menu and select a filter and the MB applyFilter method is invoked
- When performing an action, nothing works, i.e., I have to press and hold the mouse when selecting an action, also MB.performAction is not invoked
- Is there any bug on primefaces, or that is maybe an expected behavior and IE has one more bug to fix?

NOTE: I have tried <p:ajax> with all sort of events (e.g. click, change, select), none works, only the change or empty one
NOTE: When using <p:ajax event="click"> both IE and Firefox allows to select an action without keep the mouse pressing, hoever none MB method is invoked

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks all

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information