Bug: scrollable p:dataTable

UI Components for JSF
mndot_lance

12 Feb 2010, 00:20

PrimeFaces version: 1.0.0.RC
JSF implementation name/version: MyFaces 1.2.8 on facelets 1.1.11
Server name/version: JBOSS 4.0.5.GA

Problem:
If a p:dataTable is given attributes with scollable="true" and width="950px", a JavaScript error will occur in yui/utilities/utilities.js and all JavaScript functionality will fail, including the autoComplete.

Here's my code:

Code: Select all

<p:dataTable value="#{parentHandler.siblingPrimeElementsSorted}" var="relationship" 
				paginator="true" rows="10"
				scrollable="true" width="950px"
				selection="#{parentHandler.selectedObject}" selectionMode="single" >
<p:column>
					<f:facet name="header">
						<h:outputText value="Element ID" />
					</f:facet>
					<h:outputText value="#{relationship.element.elementId}" />
				</p:column>	
</p:dataTable> 
<p:autoComplete id="route" value="#{parentHandler.currentRelationship.element.tisCode}" minQueryLength="2"  completeMethod="#{menuHandler.getRouteNameList}"  />
The JavaScript error I get, according to the FireFox JavaScript Debugger Console, is:
this._events is undefined
Source File: http://localhost:8080/puma/primefaces_r ... ilities.js
Line: 38

It is evident that the JavaScript in YUI is hitting an error and breaking because the autoComplete then fails to work at all.

cagatay.civici
Prime

12 Feb 2010, 00:24

I remember fixing this Lance, can you try with the latest nightly build of 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT?

mndot_lance

12 Feb 2010, 00:41

Cagatay,

Thanks for the VERY fast response!!

Because our product is nearing production deployment (late spring), we have decided that we are only going to develop with 1.0.0.RC, because SNAPSHOT may be less stable. When we go to production we're going to save and rename the current 1.0.0.RC in our maven2 repo, so that your future changes don't impact our finished stable product.

That being said, I will try to solve this problem by replacing the scrollable functionality with some css:

Code: Select all

width: 950px; overflow: scroll;
Is there anyway you could guess as to when this fix might be moved from 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT and be available in 1.0.0.RC (the version we are using)? Thank you graciously again for your time and help on this.

cagatay.civici
Prime

14 Feb 2010, 16:21

1.0.0 is to be released on 15 Feb. I'd suggest moving to this version although I must admit it might cause backward compatibility problems, but 1.0.0 is stable and be the base for all future releases. Starting from 1.0.0, most of the future releases will be backward compatible.

There's also a migration guide from 1.0.0.RC to 1.0.0. coming soon.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information