Multi level combobox problem

UI Components for JSF
hantsy

18 Aug 2011, 06:49

I have encoutered a problem when I used multi level comboboxs.
There some countries, provinces, cities, ...when I selected a country, it should render the provinces of the country, and selected a province, render the cities of the selected province.
These worked well.
But I want to add selectItem to country to clear the selections, when I selected the empty selectItem(value is "", label is "--Select--") of country, I want to set the province and city value to null, for this purpose I added a listener to the p:ajax in the country selectOneMenu. It does not work, when the return value of country is null, the listener is not invoked.

Before I used richfaces 3.3 and seam2 for a long time, it works well.

pagondel

18 Aug 2011, 17:49

Hello there!
I came here with a similar problem, but, at least in my case, the listener is working the problem is the setter of the property, it doesn't seems to work.
Greetings!

EDIT:
i found a similar problem in the old primefaces forum:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... .google.cl

But when i put the <p:messages /> to search for any error i don't get anything...
Here is the code:

Code: Select all

<h:outputLabel value="Paises: " for="paises" />
                        <h:selectOneMenu id="paises" value="#{insertarEvaluacion.pais}" required="true" >
                            <f:selectItems value="#{paisesController.itemsAvailableSelectOne}"/>
                            <p:ajax update="sucursales" listener="#{insertarEvaluacion.actualizarSucursales}" event="change" /> 
                        </h:selectOneMenu>
                        <h:outputLabel value="Sucursales: " for="sucursales" />
                        <h:selectOneMenu id="sucursales" value="#{insertarEvaluacion.sucursal}" required="true" >
                            <f:selectItems value="#{insertarEvaluacion.listaSucursales}"/>
                            <p:ajax update="areas" listener="#{insertarEvaluacion.actualizarAreas}"  event="change" />
                        <h:outputLabel value="Areas: " for="areas" />
                        <h:selectOneMenu id="areas" value="#{insertarEvaluacion.area}" required="true" >
                            <f:selectItems value="#{insertarEvaluacion.listaAreas}"/>
                            <!--<f:ajax render="usuarios" listener="" />-->
when i change paises, sucursales updates without any problem, but when y change sucursales the setter isn't working =/

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information