Problem with Update working in 2 xhtml files.

UI Components for JSF
devestator

18 Aug 2011, 14:51

Hey Prime-Users.

I have problem when updating a form. I want to delete some entity from a database, so I have a button which starts a QuestionPopup with YES and NO. When I click the YES button, the method in the backend gets called. When the entity is deleted i want to refresh/update the form, but it doesnt work. After a reload of the xhtml file i can see that the entity is successfull deleted.

Structure:

1. <xhtml file with form that needs to be updated>
2. <xhtml file with the delete button>

Is there problem that doesn´t allow me to update a form in another xhtml files ?

<p:commandButton id="delete_entity" oncomplete="handlePopup(xhr, status, args)"
value="#{messages['entity.button.delete']}"
rendered="#{render_delete}" actionListener="#{entityBackingBean.deleteEntityPopupQuestion}"
update="entityForm:result_table" />

jimboy

18 Aug 2011, 15:18

I think update refers to the current DOM and not to the particular file that may have been used to build the current DOM. If you can combine the two xhtml files and you can accomplish what your are trying to do.
3.0.M3 snapshot
Mojarra 2.0.x
Tomcat 7.0.19 embbeded

devestator

18 Aug 2011, 15:39

The files are already compined. I have a taglib which defines file1 and this tag is added in file2. From file1 I want to update file2. It works fine when I doesn´t use the QuestionPopup with YES and NO buttons. But when I use the Popup it doesn´t work anymore.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information