Strange phenomenon occures when using <p:dataTable>

UI Components for JSF
PanYan

01 Jun 2009, 16:09

when I use <p:dataTable> to display data,I found it displayed twice.First,it displayed the data in simple HTML table:no pagination,no css effect;then,after half a second to one second,the table changed into one it should be:a table displayed with pagination,default css effect.As I couldn't upload images as attachment, this problem just could be descripted by me like this.
Is this phenomenon a bug which will be fixed in the future release or something normal in <p:dataTable> that could not be deal with ?
3Q!

cagatay.civici
Prime

01 Jun 2009, 16:14

Well, this is not a bug actually, p:dataTable is a javascript powered widget and the widget creates the datatable from markup. It may take some time half a second as you said for browser to create the pagination, css and stuff after processing the markup. In PrimeFaces 0.9.1. we're planning to increase the performance of datatable creation significantly to avoid this issue. Thanks for the feedback!

PanYan

02 Jun 2009, 03:18

cagatay.civici wrote:Well, this is not a bug actually, p:dataTable is a javascript powered widget and the widget creates the datatable from markup. It may take some time half a second as you said for browser to create the pagination, css and stuff after processing the markup. In PrimeFaces 0.9.1. we're planning to increase the performance of datatable creation significantly to avoid this issue. Thanks for the feedback!
In fact,I made a mistake last night(It was at night in Beijing time when I posted this topic).The first time <p:dataTable> displayed data it had already created pagination,but no css.
Got it!Thank you for your replay!
ps:There are some other problems I found in PrimeFaces.if you'd like to, I could send more feedback to you by e-mail.

ydarcin

02 Jun 2009, 08:56

PanYan wrote:
cagatay.civici wrote:Well, this is not a bug actually, p:dataTable is a javascript powered widget and the widget creates the datatable from markup. It may take some time half a second as you said for browser to create the pagination, css and stuff after processing the markup. In PrimeFaces 0.9.1. we're planning to increase the performance of datatable creation significantly to avoid this issue. Thanks for the feedback!
In fact,I made a mistake last night(It was at night in Beijing time when I posted this topic).The first time <p:dataTable> displayed data it had already created pagination,but no css.
ps:There are some other problems I found in PrimeFaces.if you'd like to, I could send more feedback to you by e-mail.
Hello,

if you post the problem here, or even open issues at http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/issues/list it will be better for us to keep track of the bugs or new features there.

Thanks for using, and commenting on primefaces ;)

Yigit.

cagatay.civici
Prime

02 Jun 2009, 10:48

PanYan, please use the forum to discuss the issues you've found out first. Because it might not be a bug and we can find a solution.

PanYan

02 Jun 2009, 11:09

cagatay.civici wrote:PanYan, please use the forum to discuss the issues you've found out first. Because it might not be a bug and we can find a solution.
OK.It will be much more useful if images could be uploaded as attachments.Sometimes it is hard for me to describe a issue clearly in English.

PanYan

02 Jun 2009, 11:12

yigit.darcin wrote:
PanYan wrote:
Hello,

if you post the problem here, or even open issues at http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/issues/list it will be better for us to keep track of the bugs or new features there.

Thanks for using, and commenting on primefaces ;)

Yigit.
You're welcome!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information