UI Components for JSF
palman

15 Sep 2011, 10:35

Hi All,

Code: Select all

<h:form id="form">
                <p:tabView dynamic="true" cache="true">
                    <p:tab title="#{msg['newOrder']}">
                                                <p:outputPanel id="hrdiapnl" style="width: 300px;">
                                                    <p:dataTable id="hrdiatbl" value="#{orderWizardBean.hrdiamonds}" var="hrdia" >
                                                        <p:column>
                                                            <f:facet name="header">
                                                                <h:outputText style="font-weight: bold;" value="Operation" />
                                                            </f:facet>
                                                            <p:commandButton value="#{msg['deleteDia']}" actionListener="#{orderWizardBean.removeHrDia(hrdia)}" update="hrdiatbl" image="ui-icon ui-icon-trash"/> 
                                                        </p:column>
                                                    </p:dataTable>
Mojarra 2.1.1 (SNAPSHOT 20110404)
PrimeFaces 3.0.RC1-SNAPSHOT

greetz palman

oranheim

15 Sep 2011, 11:31

I have the same issue and believe this must be related to how ClientIds and Ids are bound to the naming container, causing nested components to break. This happens in mostly every scenario where you use a commandButton within TabView or AccordionPanel (nested components). Since a Composite Components is a nested component, it doesn't work in such respect either.

If you try to add prependId="false" to your form element and investigate your HTML output, you can pick to the full-path Id of your outputPanel and try to update by full reference. That might temporarily solve your situation.

The erroneous behavior of ClientId and Id in PF 3.0.M3 also causes the Seam Faces 3.x' s:validateFrom to fail for nested components too, hence all validation beans used with PF2 doesn't play well with PF3.

I hope the PF team will investigate this anomaly and look for a fix. It's a blocker when it comes to updates and (multi-value) validations.

This issue seems to be related to: http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... il?id=2426
Last edited by oranheim on 15 Sep 2011, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
JBoss AS 7.1
Mojarra 2.1.5
Seam 3.1.0.Final
PrimeFaces 3.1.1
PrettyFaces 3.3.2

palman

15 Sep 2011, 13:33

Hi oranheim,

thank you for your quick reply

it work with full-path Id

greetz palman

ltune

15 Sep 2011, 16:04

Hi,
palman wrote: it work with full-path Id

I imagine froceId="true" could prevent generated IDs, however this is a JSF standard feature, for core tags like <h:panelGrid />, etc.. (Recently I think I found even some primefaces custom attribute that behaves like forceId. but I forgot :( )

I admit I had so much problems and so much extra work geting ajax calls run, I wonder I stick with it:) (no ofense to the PF-Team and Optimus Prime inteneded :twisted: ).

I hope one day the final release will be full complaint to the JSF 2.0 sepecifications. :ugeek:

Greets and stay tuned;)

Adam
Busy applying primefaces patches to my local repo at /dev/null

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information