3.0RC1 libraries

UI Components for JSF
pavaros

19 Sep 2011, 18:26

I'm trying to use the 3.0RC1 snapshot, but got stuck on a javax.el.ELException thrown on any actionListener. I suspect now this is due to the change from comet to websockets (in 3.0RC1 vs. 3.0M3). Could that be the case? Looks like the Atmosphere libraries must be removed from the WEB-INF/lib and must be replaced by something related to the websockets?
Anybody who can point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Paul.
JSF 2.2.3, Primefaces 4.0, Tomcat-7.0.40

faisalgeek

20 Sep 2011, 11:29

I think your problem is EL, and upgrading the EL will solve your problem. See follwoing

Step -1
Download EL 2.2 from http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/el/el-api/2.2/

OR use maven dependencies

Code: Select all

<repository>
			<id>sun</id>
			<url>http://download.java.net/maven/2/</url>
		</repository>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>javax.el</groupId>
			<artifactId>el-api</artifactId>
			<version>2.2</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.glassfish.web</groupId>
			<artifactId>el-impl</artifactId>
			<version>2.2</version>
		</dependency>
Step-2
Add context param to web.xml

<context-param>
		<param-name>com.sun.faces.expressionFactory</param-name>
		<param-value>com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl</param-value>
	</context-param>
MyEclipse for Spring 9.0 , Tomcat 6.0, Jboss 6.0, PrimeFaces 3.0.RC2 , Mojarra 2.1.4 (JSF 2.1) - http://www.javaplex.com

pavaros

20 Sep 2011, 12:01

Hi faisalgeek,
Thanks for your answer. But it looks like the EL 2.2 isn't compatiable with Tomcat 6.0.29. It throws now:

SEVERE: Critical error during deployment: 
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: It appears the JSP version of the container is older than 2.1 and unable to locate the EL RI expression factory, com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl.  If not using JSP or the EL RI, make sure the context initialization parameter, com.sun.faces.expressionFactory, is properly set.
	at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.registerELResolverAndListenerWithJsp(ConfigureListener.java:659)
	at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:243)
Also, I don't think this is my problem. Using 3.0M3 everything works fine, my problem ONLY occurs after replacing the Primefaces jar by 3.0RC1. And the differences I find looking at the source are especially in the replacement of comet by websockets. So, I probably have to replace more libraries, but can't find any reference about that... What libraries do I need to put on in my WEB-INF/lib when using the Primefaces 3.0RC1 jar?
Regards, Paul.
JSF 2.2.3, Primefaces 4.0, Tomcat-7.0.40

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information