Board index JavaServer Faces General [Solved] Best environment choices to use primefaces

[Solved] Best environment choices to use primefaces

Components, Ajax Framework, Utilities and More.

Hello developers,

I am junior Java Web developer. I would like to know which environment is the most appropriate in order to use at maximum all the capabilities of Primefaces 3.5.

Currently, I work with Apache Tomcat 7, Mojarra JSF 2 (latest), and Eclipse Juno as IDE.

I would also like to know if there is some autocompletion tool I could use. Because, now I just get the attributes completion of the backing bean and I've seen that I could also get the action methods autocompletion feature.

Thank you for your response.

Greetings, ;)
Last edited by danger-simon on 08 Feb 2013, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
Primefaces version: Latest.
JSF 2.0 (Mojarra)
Apache Tomcat 7
Eclipse Juno

andyba User avatar
Expert Member

Well I would certainly recommend NetBeans over Eclipse for Web Development especially with PrimeFaces.
You can use Tomcat 7 as a basis for the JEE6 Web Stack, I would go with TomcatEE which brings you MyFaces as the JSF2 implementation and using things like MyFaces CODI (extended CDI) is a snap.

With NetBeans you also get Glassfish 3.1.2.2 and Tomcat 7 integrated directly. It is possible and simple to integrate other servers as well: I have JBoss, Tomcat 7, TomcatEE, Glassfish 3.1.2.2 to name the ones I normally develop to.

As far as PrimeFaces development is concerned there is a plugin in development that will generate a complete CRUD application from the Database of your choice which utilises PrimeFaces 3.4.2 (as far as I remember). Google for this!! I have tried it out, it is really cool and when available as a full plugin will be truly awesome.
PF 3.4.2, PF 3.5.10, PF 4.x (Elite versions)
Glassfish 3.1.2.2, Mojarra 2.x, under both Java 6 and Java 7.
If you haven't read the forum rules read them now
My blog: http://onthefaceofthings.blogspot.de/
PrimeFaces Project

kukeltje Expert Member

My additions:
Well I would certainly recommend NetBeans over Eclipse for Web Development especially with PrimeFaces.

I have good experience with Eclipse and the JBoss Tools plugin

You can use Tomcat 7 as a basis for the JEE6 Web Stack, I would go with TomcatEE which brings you MyFaces as the JSF2 implementation and using things like MyFaces CODI (extended CDI) is a snap.

I personally would also opt for a EE server instead of plain Tomcat. No experience with TomEE here, but my experience with JBoss 7.1 is great.
Ronald van Kuijk
Beginners: http://www.coreservlets.com/JSF-Tutorial/jsf2/

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate them. Your feedback is valuable to me. :)
Primefaces version: Latest.
JSF 2.0 (Mojarra)
Apache Tomcat 7
Eclipse Juno

Return to General