ajax and non-ajax indiator?

UI Components for JSF
Alex

14 Oct 2011, 13:48

Hi,

generell questions according the indicator.

1. Is it possible to config a time offset to the ajax indicator? We want to check if the user experience is better if the indicator only gets active for "longer" requests. It should be just 100 or maybe 200ms but maybe this is an enhancement

2. Do you know any way to realise an non-ajax indicator?
In our application we have some reports (PDF or so) which are generated on request. The generation of those reports may need up to a minute due to massive data volume.
To be able to download this, we're using the filedownloader component. This component must be used with ajax=false due to GET-Requests. As a result of that, we do not have any indicator (except the browser request symbols) which shows the user that there is still a request going on. So we want to lock the application as long as the request is running. Do you know a way to realise this?
PrimeFaces 3.2
Mojarra 2.0.2
Glassfish 3.0.1

cagatay.civici
Prime

14 Oct 2011, 19:31

1) No built-in way to do this, we are using jQuery's ajax start-complete callbacks behind the scenes which doesn't seem to provide a built-in way. We can try to extend this functionality to see if it is possible. We are focused on M4 release now so we can work on this after M4 release(due 24th).

2) I remember seeing this in a project that I was consulting, they have a script at the top of the page like that displays a dialog which is executed instantly when page started loading then at onload event of document they hide the document, it is worth trying, I don't see any reason why it should not work.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information