Excellent Component Library

UI Components for JSF
orion

04 Nov 2011, 04:54

Hi,

I'm Orion. I've been looking at PrimeFaces for a few weeks. With my limited exposure, let me say this ... PrimeFaces is an excellent component library. AJAX support, wide range of quality components, look and feel, themes and ease of use are fantastic.

I have worked with JSF 1.1 (ibm-jsf) in the past. As you guessed, ran for life from that technology. Looked at several other frameworks after that, including GWT, ZK and the plain old JSP/Servlet/Jquery for UI. An accidental read on PrimeFaces and JSF 2.0 rekindled my interest in JSF. PrimeFaces looks really promising.

I have a couple questions:
- I use good bit of Jquery and its plug-ins on a daily basis for my current work. How easy or difficult would it be to integrate regular JQuery core and plug-ins in an app that is primarily designed around JSF and PrimeFaces?
- Any issues integrating third party flash based charting solutions, like AnyChart?

Thanks for the exceptional component library.

BTW, I'm a fan of Transformers movie series, especially Optimus Prime :)

Regards,
Orion.

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Nov 2011, 10:24

Welcome to PrimeFaces and thanks for your great feedback!
- I use good bit of Jquery and its plug-ins on a daily basis for my current work. How easy or difficult would it be to integrate regular JQuery core and plug-ins in an app that is primarily designed around JSF and PrimeFaces?
If you are planning to do custom jQuery coding, it is suggested to use the jQuery bundled with PF instead of adding your own to avoid conflicts;

Code: Select all

<h:outputStylesheet name="jquery.js" library="primefaces" />

Code: Select all

- Any issues integrating third party flash based charting solutions, like AnyChart?
No problems should occur since flash and PF are different things.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information