primefaces & iOS nativeness, Can phonegap blend?

UI Components for JSF
zenonasz

15 Nov 2011, 13:46

Hi guys long time since my last post.

Our project went great, is now live and pretty stable with primefaces mobile 3.0M1. (it has its workarounds but its functional)

phase 2 is to wrap the application in a native iOS application (uiwebview) but unfortunately, as we know apple will simply reject our app for low functionality.

so here is were i need you guys lights, i found out that applications build with phonegap sdk's do not get reject, why?(i haven't tried phonegap sdk yet) as i can tell phonegap is like template already configured so you can interact with the device hardware and data such as the camera and contacts (import a contact).

now is there a way to somehow combine a jsf2(PF) applications with phonegap?

Please if my understanding is incorrect let me know.

Thanks,
Zen.

cagatay.civici
Prime

15 Nov 2011, 14:08

You can try jQuery Mobile ThemeRoller;

http://jquerymobile.com/themeroller/

Another alternative is the iOS theme of jQuery Mobile;

http://taitems.tumblr.com/post/72408744 ... ery-mobile

cagatay.civici
Prime

15 Nov 2011, 14:09

Can we see your app if it is online?

zenonasz

16 Nov 2011, 08:22

sorry optimus, i wont post the app on a forum as its been developed for a very sensitive organization and besides that u will going to need some authentication in order to access it.
I may post some screenshot later on.

am not asking about the how to theme my application, but am talking about wrapping the app in a iOS native application in order to submit it to appstore.
phonegap template is a template for developing html applications within a native/regular iOS application in xcode. it basically wraps your application in uiwebview(xcode ios sdk component).

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information