Modal dialog allows text entry and tab movement on fields

UI Components for JSF
cdicarlo

20 Nov 2011, 16:34

Hello,

I am having a weird issue with PrimeFaces 3.0.RC1 related to modal dialogs and elements behind the overlay: when the dialog is displayed, mouse selection of the fields behind the overlay is unavailable but I am able to tab, and even enter text, into the inputText fields underneath the dialog. The funny thing is it works as expected under 3.0.M3. Here is some test code that replicates the behaviour:

Code: Select all

<h:form>
            <h:panelGrid columns="1">
                <h:outputText value="Current user:"/>
                <p:commandLink onclick="confirmation.show()" value="Log Out" type="button"/>
                <p:inputText />

</h:panelGrid>
        </h:form>
        <p:confirmDialog appendToBody="true" id="logoutConfirmation" closable="false" message="Are you sure you want to log out?" header="Log Out" widgetVar="confirmation">
            <h:form>
                <p:commandButton value="Cancel" onclick="confirmation.hide();" type="button"/>
                <p:commandButton style="float:right;" value="Log Out" actionListener="#{login.logout()}" oncomplete="confirmation.hide()"/>
            </h:form>
        </p:confirmDialog>
Has something changed from 3.0.M3 to RC1? Is there something wrong with the way I have coded the above? I have looked at it and the docs over and over again and cannot find anything that seems out of whack.

I am using GlassFish 3.1.1/Mojarra 2.1.3.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: In doing more testing and with some other feedback, I am thinking this is a bug with PF. I am thinking I should open an issue in the tracker?

Cheers,

Chris

cdicarlo

22 Nov 2011, 18:46

Does anyone have any insight regarding this? I still cannot get it to function the way as expected.

Cheers,

Chris

sevye

03 Jul 2013, 18:45

This is an issue with PrimeFaces 3.5 with Mojarra 2.1.6 (SNAPSHOT 20111206) and GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2.2 (build 5) and Java 1.6.0_31

I have a p:datatable where selecting a row opens a modal dialog and displays the data of the selected row in a form. The user is able to use the tab key to access all elements of the page, including the ones beneath the overlay.

Sevye
Currently working with:
PrimeFaces 3.5 | PrimeFaces Extensions 0.6.3 | Mojarra 2.1.6 (SNAPSHOT 20111206) | GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2.2 (build 5) | Java 1.6.0_31

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information