p:menuitem with missing icon causes ViewExpiredException

UI Components for JSF
arvasko

30 Nov 2011, 17:49

I was building some big wepapp and I started by creating the menu. But after some work the application started to throw a ViewExpiredException all the time.

After massive research and discussions with Java users I realized that the problem only happens after I put 14 menuitens with icon attributte. For example:

Code: Select all

<p:menuitem action="#{causeController.prepareCreate}" ajax="false" value="#{bundle.MenuCause}" icon="/images/cause-24x24.png"/>
The "cause-24x24.png" doesn't exists yet. As I told you, I was developing a huge app, so I would create the PNG images after finishing the app.

But Primefaces RC 2.2 seems to have a problem with it. And that took me 3 days of work to find out what was going on... because remember the error messages was about the user session being expired, and not about missing images.

With 13 missing icons it was fine. But with 14 it crashes... that behavior also tricked me. So I'm registering here and on Primefaces Issues so the community can know and maybe fix this "bug".

Thanks!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information