Impressive

UI Components for JSF
guisho

27 Jan 2009, 19:45

Hi folks, greetings from Guatemala. I found your product through theserverside.com and I've got to tell you that looks impressive. I've been developing JSF applications since 2004, and since 2007 I've been using richfaces from jboss. Now somehow they are throwing the project away because they choose to use GWT. I really like the model behind JSF, and I got very used to it, with it's flaws and everything. Lately, since the news of Jboss giving away richfaces, I was looking for a new presentation layer for my java projects. In my company we were really evaluating ZK, GWT and OpenLaszlo....but we like JSF. We are on the edge of leaving JSF but your proyect really excited me. Hope to see soon a download to test it.

If I can help you in any way please let me know, I'd be glad to contribute in some way.

As a comment, I'd like a feed of some kind in your page or a newsletter to stay tunned on what you do.

For now congratulations, it seems a very promising project.

Cheers,

Luis H. Fernandez

cagatay.civici
Prime

27 Jan 2009, 19:55

Hi Guisho,

Thanks for your feedback, it really motivates us to keep going.

I think it's a pity that you are considering to leave JSF, JSF 2.0 is coming out soon with new features and fixes to the flows you mentioned.

PrimeFaces is very new but I think we made a promising start considering the features, more stuff is on the way.

Cagatay Civici

vestanbul

28 Jan 2009, 02:26

I am also glad to see people who are excited with a JSF project :) I am a new-learner. I hope I love JSF.

(Niye ingilizce yazıyorsak :D :D )

maxkatz

28 Jan 2009, 19:01

guisho wrote:... Now somehow they are throwing the project away because they choose to use GWT. I really like the model behind JSF, and I got very used to it, with it's flaws and everything. Lately, since the news of Jboss giving away richfaces, I was looking for a new presentation layer for my java projects.
JBoss is not throwing RichFaces, it's being developed, very active and has a very active community. JBoss support of GTW doesn't effect RichFaces, they are very different UI technologies.

Congrats on the project, it does look very impressive!

Max
http://mkblog.exadel.com

cagatay.civici
Prime

03 Feb 2009, 19:45

Thanks Max, by the way congrats on your book.

erdem.agaoglu

06 Feb 2009, 15:34

I just got it working on JBoss 5 with Seam 2.1.1 and Richfaces, great job. i was about to leave JSF for wicket. now i'm having hard time deciding again. BTW Getting started page in english defines servlet as

Code: Select all

<servlet>  
     <servlet-name>Resource Servlet</servlet-name>  
     <servlet-class>com.prime.primefaces.ui.resource.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>  
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>  
</servlet>  
for the people like me who are not careful about package names, it may cause some time figuring out :).

(Bunu ingilizce yeterince iyi ifade edemem, cidden tebrikler, super bir is cikarmissiniz, yardim gereken herhangi bir sey olursa ...)

cagatay.civici
Prime

06 Feb 2009, 16:02

Erdem, thanks for your feedback. Forget about wicket, PrimeFaces and Seam is a good combination. 8-)

You've already contributed with the servlet doc correction, I'll fix it asap.

Welcome to the forum.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information