Problem with Primefaces 2.0.1 and datatable

UI Components for JSF
MAbdurrahman

04 May 2010, 11:13

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for the great library, then i was working with Primefaces 2.0.0 release and i was in need to add <p:menuButton /> component, so i changed to 2.0.1 release, and then after a lot of changes in my code my components worked perfectly, but i had a <p:dataTable /> with a column contains <h:commandButton /> that invokes an action method "bean.editItem(item)", and after changing to 2.0.1 release the command button stopped working, at first i didn't get where was the problem? and i removed the whole changes that i made and reverted the code to a previous revision, but every time the button is still not working, and finally i reverted back to the Primefaces 2.0.0 release and the button inside the datatable become alive again, so it seems that there is a problem with the datatable within the last release 2.0.1, and may be there are some another issues that i still don't know,

Thanks,
Mahmoud

MAbdurrahman

10 Jun 2010, 16:10

The problem is still exist on release 2.0.2, please replay.

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Jun 2010, 11:50

Hi,

Can you post the datatable code?

MAbdurrahman

20 Jun 2010, 11:39

Hi,

I'm sorry for delay, but i really got frustrated from any replay, i first posted this issue 04th of May, then the code is as below:

Code: Select all

<p:dataTable rowsPerPageTemplate="10,20,30,40" var="item" value="#{contacts.items}" id="contactList"
                             paginatorTemplate="{FirstPageLink} {PreviousPageLink} {PageLinks} {NextPageLink} {LastPageLink} Show {RowsPerPageDropdown} contact per page."
                             paginator="true" rows="30" dynamic="false" lazy="true" rowIndexVar="rowIndex"
                             selectionMode="single"
                             lastPageLinkLabel="" firstPageLinkLabel=""
                             nextPageLinkLabel="" previousPageLinkLabel="">
                    <p:column id="noColumn" sortBy="#{rowIndex+1}" width="18">
                        <f:facet name="header">
                            <h:outputText value="No" />
                        </f:facet>
                        <h:outputText value="#{rowIndex+1}" />
                    </p:column>
                    <p:column id="nameColumn" sortBy="#{item.name}" filterBy="#{item.name}" width="140">
                            <h:outputText value="Fullname" />
                        <h:outputText id="ContactName" value="#{item.name}" />
                    <p:column id="phoneColumn" width="135">
                            <h:outputText value="Phones" />
                        <h:outputText id="ContactPhones" value="#{item.phones}" />
                    <p:column id="mobileColumn" width="135">
                            <h:outputText value="Mobiles" />
                        <h:outputText id="ContactMobiles" value="#{item.mobiles}" />
                    <p:column id="emailColumn" width="125">
                            <h:outputText value="Emails" />
                        <h:outputText id="ContactEmails" value="#{item.emails}" />
                    <p:column id="actionColumn" width="35">
                            <h:outputText value="" />
                        <h:commandButton image="/resources/images/table/edit.png" id="updButton" action="#{contacts.selectItem(item)}" value="Edit" />
                        <h:commandButton image="/resources/images/table/delete.png" id="delButton" action="#{contacts.deleteItem(item)}" value="Delete" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete (#{item.name}) details?')" />
                </p:dataTable>
Please replay as soon as possible because i have problems with anther components (File Uploader, Data Exporter..) that are fixed in the current release and i couldn't use them because of the above issue.

cagatay.civici
Prime

20 Jun 2010, 22:07

Datatable in 2.0.1 had a bug, I'd suggest migrating to latest version as that is fixed.

As for late replies, this is a community forum which gets 30 questions average every day, if you'd like to guarantee our response, you might consider enterprise support.

MAbdurrahman

21 Jun 2010, 08:40

MAbdurrahman wrote:The problem is still exist on release 2.0.2, please replay.
I didn't try to confirm the first post unless I found the problem is still exist on the current downloadable release 2.0.2, and i didn't try the nightly build 2.0.3.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information