<p:column selectionMode="multiple" /> gone?

UI Components for JSF
sjd0103

05 May 2010, 20:46

I'm using Build #150 (May 5, 2010 1:04:24 AM) from http://www.primefaces.org:8080/hudson/j ... lastBuild/.

When using this code:

Code: Select all

<p:column  selectionMode="multiple" /> 
inside of a datatable

Code: Select all

<p:dataTable binding="#{whopperBK.gridUserRoles}"     value="#{whopperBK.gridTempUserRolesToAdd}"
                                         dynamic="true"   var="userRole"  selection="#{whopperBK.checkedUserRoles}">
                               <p:column  selectionMode="multiple" />
                                <p:column width="70" sortBy="#{userRole.roleName}" >
                                    <f:facet name="header">
                                        <h:outputText value="Role" />
                                    </f:facet>
                                    <h:outputText value="#{userRole.roleName}"/>
                                </p:column>
</p:dataTable>
the following .netbeans IDE 'error' shows:
Error: "The attribute selectionMode is not defined in the component's interface"
AND no checkboxes are rendered in the datatable

Weird. Just me? Funky Build?

cagatay.civici
Prime

07 May 2010, 09:47

Hi,

It is disabled for now during the reimplementation of datatable, we'll reenable it soon hopefully.

sjd0103

07 May 2010, 20:31

Thanks much for the response! Now if there was only a way for me to tell when it becomes enabled! Should I add an issue so that I can track which build it will be fixed in or is there already a related issue?

Thanks again!
Scott

cagatay.civici
Prime

09 May 2010, 11:12

There is no issue yet, feel free to create one and post the link here.

As we unwillingly break people's applications with this bold decision, it has a high priority to reenable :)

manoj

13 May 2010, 14:26

Hi,

I am trying to implement multiple row selection using checkbox select in a datatable using the current version (2.0.1). As I see from your earlier post selection column feature is disabled. Could you let me know if there is any known work around for this? I don't want to use selection by clicking on the row as there are columns which need to be editable such as other columns with checkboxes which seem to get disabled.

Cheers,
Manoj

cagatay.civici
Prime

18 May 2010, 17:04

Hi Manoj,

This can be implemented manually placing a checkbox in column and binding a map<String,Boolean> to it. An example;

http://balusc.blogspot.com/2006/06/usin ... ables.html

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information