<p:editor> - tool bar configuration

UI Components for JSF
gjegadesh

13 May 2010, 06:57

Hi All,

I would like to configure the toolbar in <p:editor> and I notice that I could use the attribute widgetVar of name toolbar.

From YUI's documentation I see that toolbar expects an Object. So, I am unsure what Class my managed bean's corresponding method should return.

<p:editor value="#{myController.text}" rendered="#{myController.rendered}"
width="#{myController.width}" height="#{myController.height}"
widgetVar="#{myController.toolbar}" />

So, what Class should my toolbar() method return?

I am new to PrimeFaces, so please excuse me if I have made a fundamental error.

Thanks a lot!
George
PrimeFaces V2.1, GlassFish 3.0.1

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 May 2010, 09:31

widgetVar is just a string, you can't customize the toolbar with that, please have a look at;

http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... ail?id=554

gjegadesh

13 May 2010, 16:27

Hi Cagatay,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please point me to any available documentation that could help me get started for implementing features such as this in PrimeFaces? There are a couple of more features that I would like to use in <p:editor> which do not seem to exist now in PrimeFaces - I would like to implement them as well. Any docs towards this would be very useful.

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses.
- George

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 May 2010, 21:38

Hi George,

What kind of documentation are you looking for, like building PrimeFaces from source so you can work with the code?

gjegadesh

13 May 2010, 22:03

Hi Cagatay,

I have already downloaded the code using svn and have compiled it by following the directions in the Wiki page.

I was looking for documentation that would help me get oriented with the PrimeFaces code, so that I could start coding some of the missing features that are available in YUI's version of the editor. Something that describes the PrimeFaces code architecture, classes, how the classes work together, data flow, etc. would be helpful for me - I think.

Thanks,
George

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 May 2010, 23:14

Hi George,

No such documentation exists about build and internal logic but it is pretty straightforward.

Basically we generate the code of components and other artifacts from a metadata kept in xmls under resources-maven-jsf folder, we only implement the renderers. A maven plugin we created generates the boilerplate code.

Do not hesitate to ask questions in forum regarding these.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information