Some questions about architecture

UI Components for JSF
kanikman

03 Jun 2010, 01:11

I have some quastions.

1. Resizable with PrimeFaces. What is the sense of resizable elements when you can't obtain new re-sized object size? For instance. You have a panel. You have changed its size, but you can't obtain for instance in backing bean its new size and you can't use that new size in your application. It looks like you can change size, but if session ends up you lose your changes and all is the same.

2. the same problem with drag and drop. When I want to drag element somewhere I want to know its new position (and old to ;) ) in order to use it later. when I put something somwhere I do it couse I want to stay something in new place. When I don't know position of new place I can't place that object in this place.

Both posibilities are ok but are useless when you can't save new state of manipulated element.

Chris55

03 Jun 2010, 01:19

Kanikman,

For many of us on this forum that see posts like this it is frustrating. Take some time to learn - that includes creating experimental projects/pages and performing unit testing. Many of us have experienced bruising with PF yet we continue to move forward, typically by not BITCHING!

Chris
Thanks,

Chris

Stack
Mojarra 2.0.3
PF 2.2.RC1
GlassFish 3.0.1
JPA 2/Oracle 11g
Netbeans 6.9.1

kanikman

03 Jun 2010, 01:46

What sentece in your post is answer for my quastions? I've pointed to usability of components in order to improve on drawbacks.

cagatay.civici
Prime

03 Jun 2010, 09:59

Hi,

1) Please see the upcoming feature;

http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... ail?id=530

2) A droplistener is invoked with ajax and a dragdrop event is passed, you can get information about what's dragged on what using that.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information