Weird behaviour of LazyDataModel within Liferay

UI Components for JSF
fulvio.dimarco

10 Jun 2010, 12:40

Hi Cagatay,
I know Primefaces's Liferay Integration is a bit borderline and nearly tested but I would like to submit to your attention a weird behaviour inside LIferay, maybe you can suggest me some hints to help me in debugging and understanding it...

I'm developing portlets within Liferay, integrating JSF1.2_12, Facelets, PrimeFaces 1.0.3 and JBoss PortletBridge 1.0CR3.

I implemented a LazyDataModel which works great and fast, by loading 10 rows from the db for each page... p:dataTable renders great, every row contains the right data...

BUT, when click on a h:commandLink that opens a Detail page, the lazyDataModel object referenced in the heap is another one, different from the one used to render correctly the table and in the detail page the List is istantiated only with the data of the first page...

What could be the cause of this?

IF I use a p:commandLink instead, the objects appear to be the same, the action in the backing bean is triggered, but the detail view is not opened

This is the navigation rule, "openDetail" is the return String of the action method invoked from the p:commandLink

Code: Select all

<navigation-rule>

<from-view-id>/pages/view.xhtml</from-view-id>

<navigation-case>

<from-outcome>openDetail</from-outcome>

<to-view-id>/pages/invoiceDetail.xhtml</to-view-id>

</navigation-case>

</navigation-rule>
I am looking forward to having some inspiration :)

cagatay.civici
Prime

10 Jun 2010, 13:05

It might be because of LazyDataModel, row selection is not properly supported yet, something to work on until the upcoming release.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information