[Solved] Best environment choices to use primefaces

UI Components for JSF
danger-simon

07 Feb 2013, 03:00

Hello developers,

I am junior Java Web developer. I would like to know which environment is the most appropriate in order to use at maximum all the capabilities of Primefaces 3.5.

Currently, I work with Apache Tomcat 7, Mojarra JSF 2 (latest), and Eclipse Juno as IDE.

I would also like to know if there is some autocompletion tool I could use. Because, now I just get the attributes completion of the backing bean and I've seen that I could also get the action methods autocompletion feature.

Thank you for your response.

Greetings, ;)
Last edited by danger-simon on 08 Feb 2013, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
Primefaces version: Latest.
JSF 2.0 (Mojarra)
Apache Tomcat 7
Eclipse Juno

andyba
Expert Member

07 Feb 2013, 10:49

Well I would certainly recommend NetBeans over Eclipse for Web Development especially with PrimeFaces.
You can use Tomcat 7 as a basis for the JEE6 Web Stack, I would go with TomcatEE which brings you MyFaces as the JSF2 implementation and using things like MyFaces CODI (extended CDI) is a snap.

With NetBeans you also get Glassfish 3.1.2.2 and Tomcat 7 integrated directly. It is possible and simple to integrate other servers as well: I have JBoss, Tomcat 7, TomcatEE, Glassfish 3.1.2.2 to name the ones I normally develop to.

As far as PrimeFaces development is concerned there is a plugin in development that will generate a complete CRUD application from the Database of your choice which utilises PrimeFaces 3.4.2 (as far as I remember). Google for this!! I have tried it out, it is really cool and when available as a full plugin will be truly awesome.
PF 4.x (Elite versions), PF 5, Pf 5.1, PF 6.0
Glassfish 4.1, Mojarra 2.x, Java 8, Payara 4.1.1.
If you haven't read the forum rules read them now

kukeltje
Expert Member

07 Feb 2013, 18:24

My additions:
Well I would certainly recommend NetBeans over Eclipse for Web Development especially with PrimeFaces.
I have good experience with Eclipse and the JBoss Tools plugin
You can use Tomcat 7 as a basis for the JEE6 Web Stack, I would go with TomcatEE which brings you MyFaces as the JSF2 implementation and using things like MyFaces CODI (extended CDI) is a snap.
I personally would also opt for a EE server instead of plain Tomcat. No experience with TomEE here, but my experience with JBoss 7.1 is great.

danger-simon

08 Feb 2013, 02:48

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate them. Your feedback is valuable to me. :)
Primefaces version: Latest.
JSF 2.0 (Mojarra)
Apache Tomcat 7
Eclipse Juno

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information