Problem Using Layout

UI Components for JSF
smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 14:24

smithh032772 wrote:copy/paste my signature and then change it to what you are using for your test/dev/production environment
Great, I see you created yourself a signature!

Code: Select all

Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5
TomEE 1.5.2 |GlassFish 3.1 | Google Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans 7.2|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache
Now, please change it to just say the following:

Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5
GlassFish 3.1 | Google Chrome
And, are you using Mojarra or MyFaces as your JSF implementation? I assume you are using Mojarra, if you're using GlassFish 3.1, so please state Mojarra and version (Mojarra 2.1.3, Mojarra 2.1.4, Mojarra 2.1.6, etc...).

So, your signature will say something like this:

Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5
GlassFish 3.1 | Mojarra 2.1.3 | Google Chrome
Are you only using Google Chrome for test, development, and users are 'only' using Google Chrome? Or does your web app targeting Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10? Please replace 'Google Chrome' with whatever browsers you and your endusers are using to access your web app.

Thanks!
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

tanvir

11 Feb 2013, 17:21

:) Yes I have changed my signature as your advice.
I actually use Google Chrome for development purpose.
I assume you are using Mojarra, if you're using GlassFish 3.1, so please state Mojarra and version (Mojarra 2.1.3, Mojarra 2.1.4, Mojarra 2.1.6, etc...).
is there any advantage using Mojarra over GlassFish 3.1?
Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5
GlassFish 3.1 | Google Chrome | NetBeans 7.2

smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 17:31

tanvir wrote:is there any advantage using Mojarra over GlassFish 3.1?
Did you just start developing JSF and just started using Glassfish? :)

Glassfish 3.1.x is bundled with Mojarra. Glassfish and Mojarra are reference implementation (RI) for JSF, Java EE, etc... simply, go to http://java.net, and browse the projects there. I haven't went there in a long time, since i'm no longer a glassfish/mojarra user, as I am primarily PrimeFaces, Apache (MyFaces, TomEE), etc... user. :)
Howard

tanvir

11 Feb 2013, 18:13

Yes you are right. I have just started JSF + Glassfish based application.

Generally I am working with gwt(GXT) + Hibernate (Most of my application developed by GWT + Hibernate + Tomcat). So working with JSF + Glassfish is new to me. :shock:

Actually that's why lots of questions actually moving round and round in my mind. :?

Current Problem:
I can not show external icon in my submenu.

<p:submenu icon="resources/img/logo.jpg" label=" GEO">
which is not working for showing img.

But This code work perfectly;

<p:graphicImage id="img" value="/resources/img/logo.jpg" />
show img OK. which is not my requirement.

Any Idean?
Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5

smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 18:23

well, do like i did (summer 2011), start by reading/studying/completing entire Java EE 6 tutorial, and then as you have questions, search the forum here for keywords, look at other people's code/xhtml and the code/xhtml provided in PrimeFaces showcase and user guide, and if you have any questions about JSF, then go to google.com and enter in a search like this...

stackoverflow jsf balusc ...

... = any more keywords related to your question.

If you know the question is a PrimeFaces-related question, then search this forum, and if you have searched through pages and pages of search results, then ask a question. and look at the PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ topic before posting and ask a proper/correct question. :)
Howard

smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 18:27

tanvir wrote:Generally I am working with gwt(GXT) + Hibernate (Most of my application developed by GWT + Hibernate + Tomcat). So working with JSF + Glassfish is new to me. :shock:
Since you are already familiar with Tomcat, then I recommend that you try TomEE 1.5.2 (SNAPSHOT), join the mail list, and begin developing JSF pages via TomEE 1.5.1+ (TomEE Plus = tomcat with EE).

http://tomee.apache.org

to get latest version of TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, click http://openejb.apache.org/cgi-bin/build ... -SNAPSHOT/

I'm waiting for Ronald to reply to these responses. Come on, Ronald! :)
Howard

smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 18:31

okay, was about to suggest something else to you, and then I searched google for a previous topic/conversation/discussion, and I recognized that you were the one that initiated the topic below...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28312

refer there for any/all other things that people suggested. all of this what we are discussing is a bit off-topic to 'layout'. you should have responded there with any further questions.
Howard

tanvir

11 Feb 2013, 18:55

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28312
Yes you are right I initiated that topics. During that time I have read lot of topics from stackoverflow.com and other's forum including primefaces forum.

From that topics I have decided to use primeface + ejb + glassfish for my new project. I actually do not want to change this combination obviously there are some reasons behind that. Following post was help me to take this kind decision.

Actually Primefaces is new to me that's why I am little bit confusion about GUI. :?
Tanvir

PrimeFaces 3.5

smithh032772

11 Feb 2013, 19:01

tanvir wrote:From that topics I have decided to use primeface + ejb + glassfish for my new project. I actually do not want to change this combination obviously there are some reasons behind that. Following post was help me to take this kind decision.

Actually Primefaces is new to me that's why I am little bit confusion about GUI. :?
1. understood, primefaces and glassfish and netbeans and stackoverflow.com did a lot to help me understand all that I understand today. I really wanted PrimeFaces Push, and earlier, it was hard to get PrimeFaces Push to work with glassfish 3.1+, AND I wanted to migrate from JSF to CDI managed beans, and TomEE was best for all of that! If I didn't have those 'needs/requirements', then I would probably still be using Glassfish 3.1.2.2 and MyFaces 2.1.9+ and JUEL, as it made my web app run so very fast on an old Windows 2003 32bit 4GB RAM server!!! Now, my web app is running faster, because we threw some hardware and a much faster/broader internet connection at it, and the only bottleneck right now is Apache Derby (the database)... i may migrate to something else later/ASAP like H2 database, i heard that is fast.

2. study all of PrimeFaces showcase examples and read user guide from beginning to end and read as many topics in this forum...daily, and you will 'not' be confused any more!!! :)
Howard

rikup

11 Feb 2013, 19:58

If some more offtopic is alloved here, I couldn't help reading what Howard said about database speeds :) Just a suggestion, have you heard of second-level caches with JPA? If you haven't I really suggest that you take a look on them. I personally use PostgreSQL with Hibernate + second level cache and it's really fast setup. And the spped comes from second level cache, not PostgreSQL ;) Of course there are drawbacks with second level cache but in general it's definitely worth looking.
PrimeNG 2.0.0
Angular 2.4.5

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information