Ajax and Events - User Experience problem

UI Components for JSF
d34d_d3v1l

09 Apr 2013, 18:51

Hello...

I have a list of people [ shown on a ui:repeat component that I created), and I have some fields (like, name, age, city...).
What my code those is this: when the person finishes typing in a field, that list of people is update (identifing people with a level of similarity).

The logic is this:
blur event -> executes AJAX that refreshes the LIST (and updates the component).

What happens is when I finish typing a word (the field has focus), and click directly on the save button (field looses focus),
it doesn´t submit. Of course it doesn´t!! Because the ajax will execute before. Its a normal behaivier

So I need a way to bypass that situation. Maybe use another AJAX event on the fields (like on change, or on keyup)...
But that also doesn´t make me happy, because the database was millions of rows... So, the ajax that is executing is a little bit slow!

Any ideias of how I could do it ?
thank you!
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.12
INFO: Initializing Mojarra 2.1.10
INFO: Running on PrimeFaces 3.5
INFO: Running on PrimeFaces Extensions 0.6.1

smithh032772

10 Apr 2013, 01:51

d34d_d3v1l wrote:What happens is when I finish typing a word (the field has focus), and click directly on the save button (field looses focus), it doesn´t submit. Of course it doesn´t!! Because the ajax will execute before. Its a normal behaivier
+1 exactly, normal behavior.
d34d_d3v1l wrote:So I need a way to bypass that situation. Maybe use another AJAX event on the fields (like on change, or on keyup)...
But that also doesn´t make me happy, because the database was millions of rows... So, the ajax that is executing is a little bit slow!

Any ideias of how I could do it ?
thank you!
1. stackoverflow balusc command before inputtext ajax

2. found the following in the list of 'google search results':

Deactivating commandButton functionality if inputText validation fails or ajax call starts

almost any/every question has been asked already and possibly answered already, too. So, search 'instead' of asking questions. that's what I do. :)
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

d34d_d3v1l

10 Apr 2013, 02:16

I did some searching...

but anyhow, figured out..

used remoteCommand + javascript
(onKeyDown event with delay)

thank you !!!
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.12
INFO: Initializing Mojarra 2.1.10