Autocomplete Dropdown

UI Components for JSF
mrjack

10 Apr 2013, 16:13

Hi everybody,

I've some trouble with component "autocomplete" and "dropdown" option. I don't understand how it works.

If I write something in the box, it's standard comportement with autocomplete. But if I push on the button for dropdown, component give me again the entire list. Without any filters.

What I expected for this component was a button who show every options for the text who is already written.

For example. I've a list of 4 firstnames ("Marie", "Marie-Madeleine", "Marie-Antoinette", "Brigitte")

1. I write "Marie". I can choose between 3 firstnames. I pick "Marie".
2. I push "dropdown button", it shows me "Marie, Marie-Madelaine, Marie-Antoinette" only. And not Brigitte.

So, my question is : in which case give a second time the whole list is useful ?

And, is it possible to set a list who will be shown when the "dropbown" will be pressed ? If it is the case, I can filter the entire list and show what I want to my user.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english,

mrjack

11 Apr 2013, 07:59

Nobody use this component ?

andyba
Expert Member

11 Apr 2013, 16:24

mrjack wrote:Nobody use this component ?
Yes we do, the problem is your post is not clear: in particular the conflict between
But if I push on the button for dropdown, component give me again the entire list. Without any filters.
Which states that the dropdown list is not working and
I push "dropdown button", it shows me "Marie, Marie-Madelaine, Marie-Antoinette" only. And not Brigitte.
which shows that it is.
The dropdown list is supposed to show whatever the select method returns and it does so. How you filter is entirely up to you.

You are also reminded not to bump your posts prodding us for answers. In this case a clear answer is impossible.
PF 4.x (Elite versions), PF 5, Pf 5.1, PF 6.0
Glassfish 4.1, Mojarra 2.x, Java 8, Payara 4.1.1.
If you haven't read the forum rules read them now

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information