Backward compatibility

UI Components for JSF
anan

09 Jul 2010, 10:30

Hi I am evaluating primefaces for my project in JSF and would like to share my experience. I first downloaded version 2.0.1 and was very excited to try it out. I created some simple pages. The skin was easy enough for me (who are not an expert) to customize to what I need.

However I was distracted to other work for a while before coming back to see there is a version 2.1RC. So I thought "This is great! New version!!!" I threw the jar file in and my simple app just won't work like it used to. I haven't gone to the functionality yet, just trying to redo the skin manually with the new template but it just won't do what I want. I can't change color for simple thing like menu bar. Oddly enough only some parts of the menu change color to what I specify. Background image shows up only in part of the menubar . I am not an expert and I know that this is just an RC but I can tell you the first skin was a lot easier for me to customize and most important of all it behaves exactly like expected. So I thought "Let's try a minor change 2.0.2 then if 2.1 doesn't work out." I put 2.0.2 package in and get error right away from autocomplete bean. Here is the tag (adapt from example) which works fine in 2.0.1

Code: Select all

<p:autoComplete value="#{autoCompleteBean.selection}"  
			completeMethod="#{autoCompleteBean.complete}"
		var="client" itemLabel="#{client.map['name']}#{client.map['iccid']}" itemValue="#{client}" converter="SimClientSearchConverter"/>
The error said "Property 'complete' not found on type test.AutoCompleteBean". Did you guys change method call to do property call instead in 2.0.2?
Please don't get me wrong. You guys did a wonderful job, just that changes between version are too much to handle and things just break with each new version coming out. I am not sure now if I should proceed using primefaces for my project. If so, I would have to stick to 2.0.1.
Regards
Anan

cagatay.civici
Prime

09 Jul 2010, 11:00

Hi Anan,

Regarding autoComplete nothing has change on complete method, showcase works fine as well.

http://www.primefaces.org:8080/prime-sh ... teHome.jsf

In 2.1.RC1 we've introduced new themes, currently there are 28 pre-designed themes and there is an online tool to create your own theme. In 2.0.1 there was only one skin where you can't create your own but override that default theme. So things on skinning have greatly improved;

http://www.primefaces.org/themes.html

2.1 is a major change and there are some areas that are not backward compatible, we'll release a migration guide and the new user's guide along with the 2.1.RC1 release.

rodrigovz

20 Jul 2010, 22:37

I have changed primefaces to version 2.1RC1 y the tag AutoComplete is not working any more. It doesn't call to completeMethod, Any help?

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Jul 2010, 01:04

rodrigovz

21 Jul 2010, 16:40

yes, it works fine for me

My autoComplete is inside a dialog, and it doesn't call the completeMethod I have defined

Code: Select all

<p:dialog header="Busqueda" widgetVar="dlg" modal="true" showEffect="clip" hideEffect="clip">
                         <h:form id="formDialog">

<h:panelGrid columns="4">

<h:outputLabel value="#{i18n.empresa}" for="codigo" title="Ingrese el codigo o la descripcion a buscar"/>

<p:autoComplete id="codigo" value="#{empresaController.actual}"
                                completeMethod="#{empresaController.buscarCodigoDescPatron}"
                                var="entidadCodigo" itemValue="#{entidadCodigo}"
                                itemLabel="#{entidadCodigo.codigo} #{entidadCodigo.descripcion}"
                                forceSelection="true"
                                converter="empresa"/>

<p:commandButton value="Aceptar"  oncomplete="dlg.hide();"/>

</h:panelGrid>
                       </h:form>
                 </p:dialog>

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Jul 2010, 17:05

Does it work when it is not inside a dialog?

rodrigovz

21 Jul 2010, 18:06

it doesn't work outside a dialog too. in last version of primefaces I didn't have this problem

Thanks for the answers

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Jul 2010, 18:07

Can't seem to replicate your issue as showcase is also working fine.

http://www.primefaces.org:8080/prime-sh ... teHome.jsf

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information