validation error value is required !!

UI Components for JSF
AmineS

02 Aug 2013, 12:27

Hi everybody , please help , when i use the selectonemenu , i have this error j_idt:j_idt11 Validation error value is required , and i don't know what's the problem :

here is my code :

Code: Select all

<h:panelGrid columns="4" cellpadding="10"> 
                            <h:selectOneMenu  value="#{candsBean.recs.comp1}" effect="fade"    >  
                                <f:selectItem itemLabel="Select One" itemDisabled="true" />  
                                <f:selectItems value="#{competenceBean.competences}" var="competence" itemLabel="#{competence.titre}" itemValue="#{competence.titre}"     />  
                            </h:selectOneMenu>

<div style="width:20px">       <h:selectOneMenu  immediate="true" id="nivcom1"  value="#{candsBean.recs.nivcomp1}"  >  
                                     <f:selectItem itemLabel="Niveau" itemValue="" /> 
                                    <f:selectItem itemLabel="Assez bien" itemValue="Assez Bien" />  
                                    <f:selectItem itemLabel="Bien" itemValue="Bien" /> 
                                    <f:selectItem itemLabel="Très Bien" itemValue="Très Bien" /> 
                                </h:selectOneMenu>>  </div>

</h:panelGrid> 
                        <br/>

<h:selectOneMenu  value="#{candsBean.recs.comp2}" effect="fade"    >  
                                <f:selectItem itemLabel="Select One" itemValue="" />  
                                <f:selectItems value="#{competenceBean.competences}" var="competence" itemLabel="#{competence.titre}" itemValue="#{competence.titre}"     />  

<div style="width:20px">       <h:selectOneMenu  immediate="true" id="nivcom2"  value="#{candsBean.recs.nivcomp2}">   
                                     <f:selectItem itemLabel="Niveau" itemValue="" /> 
                                    <f:selectItem itemLabel="Assez bien" itemValue="Assez Bien" />  
                                    <f:selectItem itemLabel="Très Bien" itemValue="Très Bien" /> 
                                </h:selectOneMenu> </div>

andyba
Expert Member

02 Aug 2013, 12:45

Possibly you need to supply an item value for the dummy selectItem?

Please remember that this is a PrimeFaces forum and you aren't using it in your code.
PF 4.x (Elite versions), PF 5, Pf 5.1, PF 6.0
Glassfish 4.1, Mojarra 2.x, Java 8, Payara 4.1.1.
If you haven't read the forum rules read them now

AmineS

02 Aug 2013, 12:51

i used the same component with <p:selectonemenu> and i have the same error , What is the error in your opinion ?

kukeltje
Expert Member

02 Aug 2013, 12:51

andyba wrote:Possibly you need to supply an item value for the dummy selectItem?

AmineS

02 Aug 2013, 12:55

i delete the dummy selectitem and the problem persists

AmineS

02 Aug 2013, 13:15

it works now , i changed the code by :

<h:selectOneMenu  value="#{candsBean.recs.comp1}" effect="fade"    >  
                                <f:selectItem itemLabel="Select One" itemDisabled="true" />  

<div style="width:20px">       <h:selectOneMenu value="#{candsBean.recs.nivcomp1}"   >  
                                            <f:selectItem itemLabel="" itemValue="" />  
                                        <f:selectItem itemLabel="AssezBien" itemValue="AssezBien" />  
                                        <f:selectItem itemLabel="TresBien" itemValue="TresBien" /> 
                                    </h:selectOneMenu>    </div>

kukeltje
Expert Member

02 Aug 2013, 16:34

great that it works... can you also mention what you changed, so others don't have to compare your posts

thanks in advance

heather_p

29 Jun 2023, 19:03

I had a similar issue. I was getting an error dialog saying: "Validation Error: value is required j_idt:j_idt3". It only occurred on the second click of "submit" button.

SOLUTION:
This occurred because I had changed

<o:viewParam required="true" name="id" value="${mybean.myval}" converter="javax.faces.Integer" />
to

<f:viewParam required="true" name="id" value="${mybean.myval}" converter="javax.faces.Integer" />
Changing it back to o:viewParam solved it.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information