PrimeFaces IDE Poll

UI Components for JSF

Which IDE are you using to develop PrimeFaces applications?

NetBeans
44%
Eclipse
49%
IntelliJ
7%
JDeveloper
0%

Total votes: 404
rikup

08 Oct 2013, 13:51

Eclipse + JBoss tools = success :) Well, never tried anything commercial though :D
PrimeNG 2.0.0
Angular 2.4.5

pppeater

08 Oct 2013, 14:15

Voted Eclipse but really is IBM RAD 8.5 based on Eclipse 3.6.3. Client is long time IBM shop.

mhan

08 Oct 2013, 14:47

netbeans save my time to code.... i use netbeans since 2009. lot of desktop application that i developed with netbeans.
i support netbeans for this Primefaces IDE Poll ;)

sebargarcia

08 Oct 2013, 14:52

Netbeans ir really great, when you have to develop a JEE application it is so easy!!!, I really like the code completion, the JPQL editor is really great and save you a lot of time. I would like to see in the next versions a visual editor for faces-flows, something like JDeveloper have to ADF-taskflows.
Netbeans 8.0, Mojarra 2.1.26 , Primefaces 5, PrimeFaces Extensions 2.0.0, OmniFaces 1.8.1 , Glassfish 3.1.2.

jraulgc

08 Oct 2013, 16:27

I'm using JDeveloper, but Netbeans I like more

manikandan

08 Oct 2013, 18:09

Eclipse indigo is excellent :)
PrimeFaces 4.0.9 |PrimeFaces-Extensions 1.2.1 | JBoss 7.1 | D.B: Oracle
Eclipse INDIGO | Windows 7 | jdk 1.7 | Mozilla FF,Chrome & IE 8
R Manikandan

smithh032772

08 Oct 2013, 18:13

tandraschko wrote:NetBeans is soooooooo much easier and offers better integration with JEE technologies and Maven.
The only annoying things are random slowdowns/lags and a slower code completion then Eclipse.
+1 agreed. NetBeans is sooooooo much easier and I have recognized some slowdowns/lags, recently, while using NetBeans 7.3, and for some reason my Java EE 6 would not work with NetBeans 7.3.1 (which targets Java EE 7), so I did not even try to download NetBeans 7.4 release candidate(s); I can wait for NetBeans 7.4 to be released, and then I'll try my Java EE 6 app with that.
cgeo wrote:I never liked Netbeans in genral. I use Eclipse with JBoss Developer Tools, and it is pretty convenient once you overcome the learning curve. I have tried out IntelliJ but I have never have had time to learn it, so I'm sticking with Eclipse for the time being.
I am exactly the opposite of everything you said. Love Netbeans, Eclipse definitely comes with a learning curve that I was not willing to spend the time to tackle that learning curve, never had a chance to try IntelliJ, and definitely not even interested intelliJ...as long as I have the ability to do so, I'm sticking with NetBeans!

I used NetBeans to write my first java app to migrate data from dBase IV app to Apache Derby (or Java DB) database, and then NetBeans 7.0 generated JSF web application source code for the database schema that I developed for my app, and the generated source code gave me a huge headstart with developing JSF, and of course, PrimeFaces contributed to that, too.

that is why I include NetBeans and Java EE 6 tutorial and PrimeFaces in my signature, because it contributed to teaching me how to be successful at developing JSF web application development.
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

sudheer
PrimeFaces Core Developer

08 Oct 2013, 18:14

manikandan wrote:Eclipse indigo is excellent :)
These days indigo(3.7) version is also old.I feel the latest version Eclipse Kepler(4.3) is more responsive.
Author,Speaker
https://twitter.com/sudheerjonna
Github: https://github.com/sudheerj
Website http://sudheerjonna.com/

sudheer
PrimeFaces Core Developer

08 Oct 2013, 18:48

smithh032772 wrote:+1 agreed. NetBeans is sooooooo much easier and I have recognized some slowdowns/lags, recently, while using NetBeans 7.3, and for some reason my Java EE 6 would not work with NetBeans 7.3.1 (which targets Java EE 7), so I did not even try to download NetBeans 7.4 release candidate(s); I can wait for NetBeans 7.4 to be released, and then I'll try my Java EE 6 app with that.
If NetBeans is sooo much easier then eclipse is much easier than that.And it works with all J2EE applications very well.It supported almost all plugins for J2EE developement.Netbeans also may support many plugins but not in the range of eclipse.Eclipse was created by IBM long back and open source around 2000.Eclipse has been successful sing long time.I feel this point won't make Netbeans better than Eclipse(may be both are equal).
smithh032772 wrote:I am exactly the opposite of everything you said. Love Netbeans, Eclipse definitely comes with a learning curve that I was not willing to spend the time to tackle that learning curve, never had a chance to try IntelliJ, and definitely not even interested intelliJ...as long as I have the ability to do so, I'm sticking with NetBeans!
AFAIK, most of the developers starts with their java development with Eclipse or Eclipse based IDES.So java developers has more learning curve on Eclipse compared to other IDEs.IntelliJ IDEA is very good for JSF developement and navigation flow from one part to other part of project structure is awesome.Oleg is already mentioned its cool features.But the Intellij IDE is commericial and need some learning curve.
smithh032772 wrote:I used NetBeans to write my first java app to migrate data from dBase IV app to Apache Derby (or Java DB) database, and then NetBeans 7.0 generated JSF web application source code for the database schema that I developed for my app, and the generated source code gave me a huge headstart with developing JSF, and of course, PrimeFaces contributed to that, too.
This is the main reason I like Netbeans. I will work on the NetBeans IDE for JSF developement in the coming days.Code generation support for JSF,PF and the CRUD generator availability will make the Netbeans better than other IDEs.Even though there are few tools can be configured for JSF code generation in Eclispse.

I used many IDEs for java developement and especially for JSF developement.I love all the IDEs because they have their own advantages.But Netbeans and IntelliJ IDEA will be good for JSF developement because of it wide support for JSF.
Author,Speaker
https://twitter.com/sudheerjonna
Github: https://github.com/sudheerj
Website http://sudheerjonna.com/

Grantsmith

08 Oct 2013, 19:30

Intellij Idea Ultimate.

I have used Eclipse and Netbeans many times over the years, but I always gravitate back to Intellij. There simply is no better IDE in my opinion.
Primefaces 5.1 | Mojarra 2.2.10 | Omnifaces 1.8.1 | Weld 2.2.9.Final | Tomcat 8.0.18

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information