Maybe picklist dont need DualListModel

UI Components for JSF
ignasl

03 Aug 2010, 13:11

Hello,

We currently started to evaluate Primefaces for our projects since other library we used kinda sucked :) First impression is really good, you guys did helluva job.
Now about picklist usability. We found that in order to use pick list we have to create and provide it with DualListModel object with source and target lists. The question for me is maybe it would be simpler just to have two parameters, lets say sourceValue and targetValue, or source could be provided with f:selectItems. I maybe it would be a bit simpler to use. In our case for example: we have our custom form field component which automatically detects if it is list field, and if so it populates data from service, and use that field as source, and list in entity field is used as target. We cant do that with primefaces picklist, because we need to provide DualListModel in backing bean, and with old type of picklist we dont need to change anything - it works out of box. So maybe there is workaround, or component can work as we want just we dont know? If not maybe there is possibility for a change?
Another thing is that picklist requires converter if objects in model is not strings. Do I always have create jsf converter for each pojo? if i do

Code: Select all

itemLabel=#{player.name}
and name is string, shouldnt just display names? Or I misunderstood something?
One last and not realated thing is Calendar. It is not usable for us at the moment since it does not support time field. I think its very important feature. Found that there is ticket already: http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... ail?id=648
Thats all we noticed in our evaluation atm. Looking forward hearing from you soon! Thanks again for a great framework, we are hoping to switch to it soon!

Best regards,
Ignas

cagatay.civici
Prime

03 Aug 2010, 14:17

Hi Ignas,

PickList will be enhanced in 2.2.1 release with cool features like dragdrop capability, ordering, skinning and more. We'll definitely consider this during rewrite.

Thanks for your feedback.

dark_prime

20 Jun 2011, 10:21

sorry wrong thread

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information