ChartSeries class

UI Components for JSF
gondor

08 Sep 2009, 03:53

Hi, first off primefaces is great! I wanted to make a few changes to the charts so I could integrate it cleaner into my existing JSF app. For some reason I cannot find the ChartSeries class anywhere when I sank down the source. Its an import in most the chart classses, ie. BaseChartRenderer etc. Any clue on where this class is?

cagatay.civici
Prime

08 Sep 2009, 12:35

Hey welcome and thanks for the feedback. ChartSeries is generated from metadata. When you run mvn clean install, the metada is read from /resources-maven-jsf/components/chartSeries.xml. What will you change in this class?

gondor

09 Sep 2009, 06:49

Thanks, actually I realized that late last night. I don't use maven in my current environment so I just pulled it from the latest src jar. Actually, I ported most the charts to Icefaces. We use IceFaces very heavily in our app with the D2D rendering/push which is critical for our app. The charts in IceFaces suck and I like the impl you did so just ported the renderers to use the Ice view handlers and Dom vs Writer. They work great.. only thing I haven't had time to finish up on is Polling which i'm going to do via partial submit so I don't break IF.

Most of Prime's other components mix well except for ones using the custom ajax.js, etc such as charts.

I brought Optimus into the stack a month ago and love the @Controller usage now. I do have one suggestion which I don't mind extending and implementing myself if I'm the only consumer for this request. I think it would be nice to allow a comma seperate list of search paths for the @Controllers in the init param. This way you can be specific into the different trees of the app and where to start the search. If theres no comma then its a single search as usual.

cagatay.civici
Prime

09 Sep 2009, 20:11

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. We'll consider the comma seperated search trees in future releases.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information