PrimeFaces Labs Showcase

UI Components for JSF
cagatay.civici
Prime

08 Aug 2010, 23:48

Dear PrimeFaces Community,

We have setup another showcase online called labs showcase that is based on PrimeFaces 2.2.RC1-SNAPSHOT. Using this showcase you can see and track what is coming up in 2.2 release. A couple of notes on the next generation PrimeFaces.

http://www.primefaces.org:8080/prime-sh ... i/home.jsf

- PrimeFaces is now powered by standard JSF 2.0 server side ajax APIs for partial output and partial processing.
- JSF 2.0's standard resource apis are used so there is no need for ResourceServlet anymore, PrimeFaces is now zero-config.
- New component: Button (Extension to h:button with skins)
- New component: Fieldset
- Rewritten component: Resizable (More options and features ajax resize listener)
- As a result of migration to standard JSF 2.0 APIs, PrimeFaces is now more lightweight, compatible, one jar with no mandatory dependencies, faster and even 200kb less than it's predecessor.

Remaining big task for 2.2. is the new datatable which we are about to start, it will fix all the issues of current datatable and provide more features like lazy paging/sorting/filtering/selection, expandable rows, scrolling, resizable columns, nested headers, in-cell editing and more.

Regards,

Optimus Prime

onyii5119

26 Oct 2010, 18:47

Should we still expect resizable columns for datatables? It is a very important user requirement that is currently missing from datatable implementation.

Thanks for the good job you are doing.
Jonathan Ekwempu
TobiSoft Inc.

bumble.bee

26 Oct 2010, 18:59

I can't get to the labs showcase. I apologize in advance if it is because of the firewall I am behind. Anyone else having trouble? I'm getting a 404 from an Apache web server. I can get to the regular showcase just fine.

bumble.bee

26 Oct 2010, 19:03

Oh by the way, the plans for the datatable sound awesome. Keep up the good work.

callahan

26 Oct 2010, 19:28

The labs showcase was only around for a while. It no longer exists.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information