Schedule Calendar with database

UI Components for JSF
varunagrawal

12 Aug 2010, 16:02

Hi ,
I am using the Schedule component with database.
When i make a new event and then click the submit button for persisting in database it works fine.
But if I move the event to another date and then click the submit button for persistence , I get the following message
j_idt9:title: Validation Error: Value is required.
When the event is on new date , it still shows the same old title with new dates .(I want you to know that title field is not empty when I replace event to a new date.)

However if I click the event again on new date ,click save and then submit it to the database ,it flows smooth without the validation error.
The problem is that I want to allow user to move the events from one date to another and then click submit to persist the new changes.
You can see the problem here
http://38.115.5.228:8080/ResidentPortal ... ctus.xhtml

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Aug 2010, 10:39

I couldn't manage to get a validation error, the title issue is related to your implementation. As showcase seems to be working fine.

varunagrawal

13 Aug 2010, 17:34

You will get the validation error if you move an existing event to another data and then click submit.You can try on this link.

http://38.115.5.228:8080/ResidentPortal ... ctus.xhtml

The code behind for my submit button is
public ScheduleController persist()
{
this.eventModel=CalendarDA.persist(this.eventModel, aid);
return sc;
}

The submit button click does not even enter this code due to the title validation error.
I have not messed with anything with the code on ScheduleControlller given by primefaces , thus I believe this is not a title issue is related to my implementation.
I am just trying to persist the event model in my database.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information