Primefaces 1.1 p:dialog and p:dataTable

UI Components for JSF
mDesignz

17 Aug 2010, 17:45

I have a Seam 2.2 app under JBoss 5.1, so I'm stuck using the PrimeFaces 1.1 builds. It's unfortunate this development branch is stopping. I have a dataTable within an accordion control which contains a p:dataTable. One of the columns has:

Code: Select all

<p:column>
	<f:facet name="header">
		Data Source
	</f:facet>
        <p:commandLink update="requestDetailPanel" oncomplete="requestDetailDialog.show()" title="Event Detail">  
             	#{x.requestType.typeAsString}
                 <f:setPropertyActionListener value="#{x}" target="#{workbenchAction.selectedExternalDataRequest}" />  
       </p:commandLink>  
</p:column>
The p:dialog looks like:

Code: Select all

<p:dialog id="requestDetailDialogId" header="Request Detail" fixedCenter="true" 
         widgetVar="requestDetailDialog" modal="true">  

<p:outputPanel id="requestDetailPanel">  
 			<p:dataTable var="y" value="#{workbenchAction.requestEventList}" >
				Event Date
					<h:outputText value="#{y.eventDate}" />

Event Type
				<h:outputText value="#{y.dataRequestEventType.typeAsString}" />

Status
				<h:outputText value="#{y.eventStatus.typeAsString}" />

</p:dataTable>
        </p:outputPanel>  
     </p:dialog>  
When the link is clicked in the above dataTable, the workbenchAction.requestEventList gets called twice *before* selectedExternalDataRequest is set. Once set, the workbenchAction.requestEventList is not called. The p:dialog is rendered, but never "loads" (it just displays "Loading..."), and it never gets focus.

Is there something obviously wrong with what I'm doing? If this is a bug, is there at least a work around? I've tried using h:dataTable with the same results.
Thanks for your help!
Primefaces 1.1
Seam 2.2.x
JBoss 5.1.0.GA

mDesignz

21 Aug 2010, 01:47

I have stripped this down to be identical to the TreeTable...Basic TreeTable example. Clicking the link to display the p:dialog, fades out the entire screen, but the p:dialog is rendered. However, it never reverts to a "unfaded view". No error messages appear in the JBoss logs. The f:setPropertyActionListener sets the property, but the "get" is never executed after the link is clicked, only during the intial screen render.
Primefaces 1.1
Seam 2.2.x
JBoss 5.1.0.GA

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information