Adding a summary row to the schedule component

UI Components for JSF
reekasr

17 Oct 2014, 21:15

I've looked around and I see no way to add an 8th row to the schedule component nor the jquery fullcalendar. I'm looking to add a last row (row# 8) to the schedule component to act as a summary row where I can provide summary information. I am not sure even where to start to look in order to make that modification so I'm looking for some guidance on where to begin. I did take a look at some of the sources but wasnt sure actually what source builds the rows.

Using PF 5.1, Mojarra 2.2.7

kukeltje
Expert Member

18 Oct 2014, 15:23

You could try changing the sources, but since it is a very uncommon feature, I think you will have to keep changing sources each time. There are two easier ways, one cheap, one less cheap.
- put the summary in a panel and move that panel into the jquery fullcalendar via jquery dom manipulation on each update. Very easy way to get a new ui look without changing much code. Since in the end it is all just html, css and javascript
- go pf pro to get it implemented there

Cheers

reekasr

21 Oct 2014, 16:52

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try your suggestions. Initially I thought I could just load another p:schedule and hide all days except for let's say Sunday. Then change the header name to summary. This will work because my bean has all the data it needs to write to the summary schedule. But the problem comes on lining it up. I dont think I'd ever get the summary schedule row height to exactly match the main schedule height..All depends on how many events are in there, etc. But again, I'll try out your suggestions and thanks a lot for replying.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information