Mojarra2.2.8+PF5 on Websphere8.5.5

UI Components for JSF
redhat

30 Mar 2015, 19:54

I'm trying to set-up web app with Mojarra2.2.8+PF5.0 on Websphere8.5.5. I have the following libraries downloaded in my web app lib folder
javax.faces-2.2.8.jar
primefaces-5.0.jar
JDK7

changed my web-app classpath to PARENT_LAST. When I start my WAS server I'm getting the below error
[3/30/15 13:30:39:684 EDT] 00000074 annotations E CWWAM0003E: An exception occurred while validating an annotation: com.ibm.wsspi.amm.validate.ValidationException: SRVE8016E: The @MultipartConfig annotation can not be applied to the class, javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet, because it extends the wrong super class
com.ibm.wsspi.amm.validate.ValidationException: SRVE8016E: The @MultipartConfig annotation can not be applied to the class, javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet, because it extends the wrong super class
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.annotation.validator.MultipartConfigValidator.validateClassAnnotation(MultipartConfigValidator.java:44)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.annotation.validator.MultipartConfigValidator.validateClassAnnotation(MultipartConfigValidator.java:39)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.annotation.validator.MultipartConfigValidator.validate(MultipartConfigValidator.java:35)
at com.ibm.wsspi.amm.merge.AbstractMergeAction.mergeClassTargets(AbstractMergeAction.java:353)
at com.ibm.wsspi.amm.merge.AbstractMergeAction.merge(AbstractMergeAction.java:123)
at com.ibm.ws.amm.AnnotativeMetadataManagerImpl.performMergeOperations(AnnotativeMetadataManagerImpl.java:509)
at com.ibm.ws.amm.AnnotativeMetadataManagerImpl.merge(AnnotativeMetadataManagerImpl.java:274)
at com.ibm.ws.amm.commonarchive.AnnotationsProcessorImpl.merge(AnnotationsProcessorImpl.java:144)
at com.ibm.ws.amm.commonarchive.AnnotationsProcessorImpl.merge(AnnotationsProcessorImpl.java:66)
at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.WARFragmentFileImpl.processAnnotations(WARFragmentFileImpl.java:613)
at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.WARFragmentFileImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(WARFragmentFileImpl.java:563)
I tried to configuring the JSF libraries as shared libraries, but no luck I got the same error.
I have the similar setup for javax.faces-2.1.25.jar & primefaces-5.0.jar on Websphere8.5.5 and its working fine with no issues.

Any help will be appreciated!!

smokeybandit

31 Mar 2015, 00:08

When using a shared library for a JSF version, try to set the JSF version for your WAR to the opposite of the implementation that you're using in the shared library. If you're using Mojarra, change the JSF impl to MyFaces 2.0 (kind of counter intuitive). Conversely for MyFaces, flip the impl to SunRI 1.2.

hinneLinks

04 Sep 2015, 09:02

The Error

Code: Select all

SRVE8016E: The @MultipartConfig annotation can not be applied to the class, javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet, because it extends the wrong super class
Is a Websphere Bug:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1PI27835

Updating to 8.5.5.6 fixes it.
Enviroment: primefaces-5.3 | javax.faces-2.2.12 (Mojarra) | modena-theme-2.0 | WebSphere 8.5.5.6

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information