TabView - Make tab title a hyperlink

UI Components for JSF
arex

31 Aug 2010, 18:46

For performance reasons, I'd like to make the a tab title into a link that goes to another page. So when they click to change tabs, it will actually trigger a post back, and I can take the rest from there. I don't see a convenient attribute in the <tab> tag. How can I achieve this?

Thanks!
PrimeFaces 2.0.0
JSF 2.0.0
Tomcat 6.0.20

cagatay.civici
Prime

01 Sep 2010, 04:00

Performance? What do you mean?

arex

08 Sep 2010, 19:46

I have a "home page" with four tabs, each of which loads a data table, sometimes very large. I don't want to load all the tabs when the page loads, and I don't want the tabs to be held in memory when they're switched. I had errors when I tried to lazy load the tabs, and that was some time ago so I can't remember what those specific errors were. So basically I need a top navigation bar that looks like a tab view, and putting links in the headers would achieve that.

I've found a way to do this, basically by grabbing the tabs using jquery and the style class of the tabs, and then adding a click event to each, which click on an invisible button, which posts back.

This is less than ideal though, because now that I'm trying to use the new primefaces version with new styles, it breaks. If I could go back to the old styles with the new version, that would let me continue using my ugly solution, but there is a separate post for that: http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/forum/vi ... 973#p19973

Thanks
PrimeFaces 2.0.0
JSF 2.0.0
Tomcat 6.0.20

webel

02 Feb 2011, 21:02

I understand this need, I want something similar.

It is a common CMS idiom to have for each page the following tabs:

View, Edit, Revisions, Clone, etc.

I currently have a composite that generates this as a set of links for any element in my system.

I want a composite that instead (for purely cosmetic reasons) has the tabs as links.

What is needed (would be useful) is an attribute in PrimeFaces tab for referencing and outcome or url or href.
Primefaces 6.1
JSF Mojarra 2.3.0
(Netbeans 8.2+Glassfish 4.1.1 OR Payara 4.1)
Mac OS X "Yosemite" 10.10.5 / Linux CentOS 6.7

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information