DataGrid w. Pagination - Refresh / Update data issue

UI Components for JSF
derdodga

26 Jul 2016, 15:46

Hello,

im working on a project using PrimeFaces 6.0, Mojarra 2.2.9 and on Tomcat 7.

My problem in short is as follows: I use datagrid to display rows retrieved from a db. There is also an option to sort items or filter them. Filter works quite nice, but sorting gives me trouble: If i use the sort option (which is done in the backing bean by DB request), the current page of the datagrid actually displays data in correct order. But if i switch the page, the data is unsorted again. So on every page switch the user has to sort data again. How can i actually force the datagrid component to reload the data from the bean? I tried using ajax with "page" event, but this seems not to fire on page switch, only on data reload via command button. I tried every combination of update, process etc. for commandbutton and datagrid but i cant get it to work.

Also i would like to fetch the data only one time, but that gives me trouble with displaying data: If i fetch the data on pageload (via metadata/view action) the datagrid stays emtpy. It is only filled, if i call the dataload method from a command button, and also only the first page is populated with data. By debug i have seen that actually all data is fetched correctly, but it does not "reach" the datagrid. Any clues what i am doing wrong / what could be better? This lead me to the current not so nice solution which gets the data from the db via getter-Call of the collection, which is the data source for the data grid.

Code of data grid:

Code: Select all

<p:dataGrid var="eh" value="#{personBackingBean.bewerberk}"
				columns="1" layout="grid" rows="25" paginator="true" id="dstable"
				paginatorTemplate="{CurrentPageReport}  {FirstPageLink} {PreviousPageLink} {PageLinks} {NextPageLink} {LastPageLink} {RowsPerPageDropdown}"
				currentPageReportTemplate="Seite {currentPage} von {totalPages}"
				rowsPerPageTemplate="10,25,50,100,200,500,1000,2500,5000"
				emptyMessage="Keine Ergebnisse gefunden!" lazy="false"
				rowIndexVar="Rows">
				<p:ajax event="page" listener="#{bewerberBackingBean.loadBewerberK()}"></p:ajax>

....Here comes the displayed data
Code of commandbutton for sorting:

<p:commandButton value="Filtern / Sortieren" id="Submit"
					ajax="false" update="dstable"
					action="#{bewerberBackingBean.loadBewerberK}"></p:commandButton>
Backing Bean:

//getter for Data (getPeopleBase returns dataset from DB)
	public List<People> getBewerberk() {
		System.out.println("loaddata");
		bewerberk = getPeopleBase("Köln", "bewerber");
		return bewerberk;
	}

//Method called after Sort update, but actually does the same
	public void loadBewerberK()
	{
		bewerberk = getPeopleBase("Köln", "bewerber");
		System.out.println("Running");
	}

Any help would be appreciated!