Error with IllegalArgumentException

UI Components for JSF
jotamarios

16 Aug 2016, 02:56

Hi all,

I have a problem which I found a lot of pages with the same solution... it doesn't work for me and it is getting a headache:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Setter not found for property class
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase$AttributesMap.put(UIComponentBase.java:2450)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase$AttributesMap.put(UIComponentBase.java:2330)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentRule$LiteralAttributeMetadata.applyMetadata(ComponentRule.java:87)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.MetadataImpl.applyMetadata(MetadataImpl.java:81)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.MetaTagHandler.setAttributes(MetaTagHandler.java:129)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.setAttributes(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:102)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.doNewComponentActions(ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.java:412)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.java:175)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:120)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:95)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.applyNextHandler(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:137)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegateImpl.java:190)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:120)

....etc

What I found was that I should be using class attribute instead of styleClass... but I have checked thousands of times and I don't find that... I use class in divs and other html controls but not in the primefaces controls... someone could tell me what else could I check? Thanks a lot.

kukeltje
Expert Member

16 Aug 2016, 09:42

Not PrimeFaces related. Use google and/or stackoverflow to find an answer.

andyba
Expert Member

16 Aug 2016, 13:56

kukeltje wrote:Not PrimeFaces related. Use google and/or stackoverflow to find an answer.
But it might be

What components are you trying to use here?
PF 4.x (Elite versions), PF 5, Pf 5.1, PF 6.0
Glassfish 4.1, Mojarra 2.x, Java 8, Payara 4.1.1.
If you haven't read the forum rules read them now

jotamarios

16 Aug 2016, 16:52

I'm using Primefaces 5.3, Hibernate 4.3 in glasfish 4.1

Thanks!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information