f:attribute inside p:fileUpload

UI Components for JSF
mikic

06 Jan 2017, 13:55

Hello,
I have a p:fileUpload component with a listener method defined and I need to pass additional attributes to use during file handling. My idea is to use the f:attribute element inside the p:fileUpload component as follow:

Code: Select all

<p:fileUpload fileUploadListener="#{dataObjectBean.handleFileUpload}" mode="advanced" dragDropSupport="true">
              <f:attribute name="simpleAtt" value="mySimpleAtt" />
              <f:attribute name="activeFlag" value="#{dataObjectBean.isActive}" />
            </p:fileUpload>
The problem is that when the handleFileUpload() method is invoked, the map of attributes obtained from the component only contains the "simpleAtt" and not the "activeFlag" attribute.

public void handleFileUpload(FileUploadEvent event)
  {
    Map myAttributes = event.getComponent().getAttributes();
    LOG.info(myAttributes.get("simpleAtt")); // displays value
    LOG.info(myAttributes.get("activeFlag")); // displays null
  }
I even tried using a very simple attribute, but this was not available in the list of attributes either:

<f:attribute name="trueAttr" value="#{true}" />
It appears that only attributes with string literals are being added to the Map of attributes in the fileUpload component. How can I get dynamic attributes passed to the listener method?

Please note that this approach should work according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1723 ... 2#17236222
PF 6.0, JSF 2.2, Payara 4.1.1

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information