fileUpload problem with large files

UI Components for JSF
makoto1337

30 Sep 2010, 05:17

This used to work back in July, but now when I try to upload a file over about 1Gb using the fileUpload component, it just fails with the following error:

uncaught exception: Error calling method on NPObject! [plugin exception: Error in Actionscript. Use a try/catch block to find error.].
Line 0

I am using 2.2 M1, though this problem also happens with 2.1. I set the max fileSize to 4Gb and I am setup the PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter in the web.xml and I am using the uploadDirectory for files over 32Mb.

Also, I am using Java 6 with GlassFish 3 and JSF2. Latest glassfish and JSF2.

Any ideas?

If anyone has successfully uploaded a file over 1Gb using this component, please say so.

makoto1337

04 Oct 2010, 02:51

I tried uploading a 1.8GB file to your primefaces showcase to test this, and I get the same error in the firebug console:

uncaught exception: Error calling method on NPObject! [plugin exception: Error in Actionscript. Use a try/catch block to find error.].
Line 0

With respect to the UI, the status bar quickly flashes across to "completed". All in all, it is very confusing to the user and it is confusing to me as to why this doesn't work, since I think it used to.
Primefaces 3.3
GlassFish 3.1.2
JSF 2
Java 6

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information