new developer for primefaces

UI Components for JSF
juangon

22 Mar 2009, 19:20

Hi to all!

I'm an spanish J2EE, JSF developer with many years working on it.
I'd like to thank cagataty civici because I've been reading many JSF articles in its blog and have learned (and continuing learning) many things from him.

I've found some days ago the brand new PrimeFaces framework. Now I am developing JSF applications with JSF Sun RI 1.2 (Mojarra) and Richfaces, and PrimeFaces has a very good starting point. I'm very excited about it and I guess this framework will be some of the best available in a few years.

I've tested the AJAX components and checked it has a very low network traffic, because it only sends back the components (in very simple XML) which have to be re-rendered, and not the whole page (as Richfaces does).

I like the PDF exporter from plain JSF, I think this is a great function. From my point of view, it would be great if there would be more formats to export from plain JSF page (ODF, DOC, even JPG etc).

thank you very much again and keep on going! This is a fantastic framework!

cagatay.civici
Prime

23 Mar 2009, 13:09

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for all the good feedback. Feature requests and bug notifications are really important to help making PrimeFaces a more stable library.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information