FileDownload from Bean

UI Components for JSF
lmmoreira

07 Oct 2010, 16:15

I am trying to create a FileDownload from bean just like this commandLike and image.

CommandLink cl = new CommandLink();
cl.setAjax(false);
cl.setTitle(downloads.getDownload());

and

GraphicImage img = new GraphicImage();
img.setAlt(descricao);

They are working fine.

The problem with FileDownload is that It doesnt have a class extended from UIComponent.

So, I Cant add it to a Panel for example.

Differente from the other It doesnt have a FileDownload Class only the FileDownloadTag and FileDownloadTagHandler.

What Can I use instead?

Thank you
Tomcat 7 + jsf-api - 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT + Primefaces 2.1

cagatay.civici
Prime

07 Oct 2010, 16:42

FileDownload is not a component but an actionListener.

Code: Select all

FileDownloadActionListener fl = new FileDownloadActionListener();

commandLink.addActionListener(fl);

lmmoreira

07 Oct 2010, 19:29

Just a question

The method of generation of the DefaultStrem is configured at the CommandLinkm Right??

I have got this code

HtmlForm form = new HtmlForm();
        form.setStyle("border-style:solid;");
        form.setPrependId(false);

cl.setAjax(false);
        //cl.setValueExpression("value", FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().getExpressionFactory().createValueExpression(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getELContext(), "#{factoryController.downloads('"+ downloads.getIddownload() +"')}", StreamedContent.class));

Imagem img = new Imagem(downloads.getImagem().getIdimagem(), null, null, null);
        cl.getChildren().add(img.getUIObject());

FileDownloadActionListener fl = new FileDownloadActionListener(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().getExpressionFactory().createValueExpression(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getELContext(), "#{factoryController.downloads('"+ downloads.getIddownload() +"')}", StreamedContent.class), null);
        cl.addActionListener(fl);

form.getChildren().add(cl);

return form;

this code is at, factoryController

public StreamedContent downloads(long download) {
        return new DefaultStreamedContent(new ByteArrayInputStream(((Downloads) genericDao.getById(Downloads.class, download)).getArquivo()), "");
    }

Everything is ok, but when i do the click, the page is refreshed and the download method (factoryController.download()) is not called;

lmmoreira

08 Oct 2010, 16:05

Sorry About de Message again but, I did the code below and got no erros, but the download method for generating the DefaultInputStream is not being called

HtmlForm form = new HtmlForm();
        form.setPrependId(true);

cl.setAjax(false);
        cl.setActionExpression(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().getExpressionFactory().createMethodExpression(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getELContext(), "#{factoryController.downloads('"+ downloads.getIddownload() +"')}", StreamedContent.class, new Class<?>[0]));

Imagem img = new Imagem(downloads.getImagem().getIdimagem(), null, null, null);
        cl.getChildren().add(img.getUIObject());

FileDownloadActionListener fl = new FileDownloadActionListener();
        cl.addActionListener(fl);
        form.getChildren().add(cl);

factoryController.downloads is not being called

Thank you

lmmoreira

08 Oct 2010, 19:24

Sorry Again about the many posts but deeper in the problem, I have find that, when I do the FileUpload by tags It works fine because processAction of FileDownloadActionListener is being done.

When I just type it programatically the download Listener is called with the same params but the processAction is not being called. They go directelly to the saveState.

Thank you

harish.seipl

26 Apr 2011, 08:13

Hey i met with a different issue, File download component works fine for the first time when i download the file.But from the second time the whole jsf page is getting downloaded (instead of the downloaded file.)

Iam using view scoped is this was the problem. But i tried in different scopes such as session ,request.
Also iam currently using p:command link.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information