seam pages.xml navigation not working in primefaces app

UI Components for JSF
donakalz

18 Oct 2010, 10:36

Hi,

I am developing with JBoss Seam 2.2, primefaces 1.1. So far everything is great. However, navigation rules in my pages.xml (seam) do not work. They did a while ago when my app was deployed with richfaces. Has anyone else had this problem?

cagatay.civici
Prime

18 Oct 2010, 11:06

I'm not a seam user but I know many people here used seam 2.x and PrimeFaces 1.x together with no major issues.

donakalz

18 Oct 2010, 11:19

thanks for your reply optimus. It was evident that other people do not have the same problems or at least they have not complained on this forum. I searched the entire forum and found nothing. An additional fact about my app is that I am using seam's rewrite filter to rewrite urls. Perhaps primefaces has an issue working with this? :? It worked (seam rewriting) nonetheless with richfaces.

cagatay.civici
Prime

18 Oct 2010, 11:22

PrimeFaces 1.x for JSF 1.2 is not maintained anymore so not sure what goes wrong with old codebase. So do you just stay on same page when you try to navigate?

donakalz

18 Oct 2010, 11:32

yes I just remain on the same page when I try to redirect after an action as defined in my pages.xml. Below is a sample piece of code from my pages.xml for the login action.

Code: Select all

<page view-id="/login.xhtml">
         <rewrite pattern="/signin" />
         <navigation from-action="#{identity.login}">
            <rule if="#{identity.loggedIn}">

<redirect view-id="/office.xhtml"/>

</rule>

</navigation>
    </page>
I have also correspondingly defined the rewrite and redirect filters in my components.xml as shown below

Code: Select all

<web:redirect-filter url-pattern="*.seam"/>

<web:rewrite-filter view-mapping="*.seam"/>
Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I am deploying my app on JBoss Application Server 5.1 GA.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information